𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑

The cover is arguably the first thing a person sees in a book. If not, it is certainly one of them, which is why you must ensure that it looks enticing.

How to choose a cover?
I myself still struggle with this, but I think covers are most interesting when they represent something more than just a picture of a person.
Say, a dark background with a hand. That looks pretty interesting, rather than two pretty girls standing next to one another.

Find a common motif in your book-if you don't know what that is, I've made a section on that too-or a particular symbol which works like an inside joke; only one who was read the book can understand it. Then, you can use that for your cover.
I have a book called Red Crosses sitting on my shelf. I've yet to read it, but I assume that there will be some allusion to a red cross within its pages. The cover of the book is just a door with a red cross painted on it. Simple as that.

Find something eye-catching. Something with contrasting colors, for example. Or some interesting graphics. But it also has to have something to do with your story.

I've seen many covers here on Wattpad which had absolutely no relevance to the story at all. Choosing a nice landscape is pretty, but does it really attract readers? It's overdone, wether it's "aesthetic" or not.

Covers are very individual to each story; one cannot cover art for too many stories. But that's what makes them interesting.