She never misses || VIII

𝗧𝘄
𝗦𝗲𝘅𝘂𝗮𝗹 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗮𝗵𝗲𝗮𝗱.

"In two weeks forty-three of you will be dead. Only one of you will survive. Who that will be is dependent on how well you pay attention over the next four days. Particularly, do not fight with the other tributes. You will all have plenty of time for that in the arena," our trainer explains, addressing all forty-four of us tributes lined up before her.

She chuckles lightly at her last remark, but the gravity of her words weighs heavily on us.

Suddenly, I hear Clove chuckle beside me. I turn to my left to see her looking at me, a smirk playing on her freckled face. I roll my eyes, feeling annoyed with her, before turning back to the trainer to focus on what's important.

"There are four compulsory exercise sessions. The rest will be individually chosen. Every tribute wants to grab a sword. But most of you will die from natural causes. Expect the unexpected. 10 percent from information. 20 percent from deadly action. Exercise can kill as easily as a knife!" The trainer explains to us.

After being dismissed, I begin to survey the training center. The room is packed with training stations intended to teach a diverse range of skills, such as knot tying, identifying edible plants, and incurring. There are also stations for climbing, combat and practicing with various weapons.

Looking for my own station, I walk over to the knife-throwing station and pick up six knives. I hear Clove chuckle from behind me cautioning to be careful not to cut myself.

"Bet," I respond with confidence as I prepare to throw. But before I can, she comes up behind me, positioning me for a better stance. "And throw."

My heart started to race as I flung the knife, hitting the bullseye dead-center. I sensed her warm breath creeping up my neck, causing a flutter in my stomach. Why am I developing feelings for this girl?

"Iris, you shouldn't have teased me like that earlier. I'll get you back in the arena," she threatened with a cunning grin.

Struggling to catch my breath, I walked towards the knot-tying area while glancing discreetly at Clove. She caught my gaze and flashed me a smirk before grabbing a set of knives to throw.

I observed in awe as she hit every target with lethal precision. As I watched her perform, a thought formed in my head. "Her spin move was a tad exaggerated, though." I kept the observation to myself and focused on my own task at hand.

"You're staring, honey," the blonde from One Ava Fernsby points out as she stands a bit too close for comfort. Startled, I turn around to face her.

"I wasn't," I deny, feeling my heart racing.

Ava crosses her arms and smirks. "Of course, you weren't. What's so special about her anyways?" She teases, stepping even closer to me. "I could make you feel better than she can. Just say the words, angel," she whispers in my ear, her lips grazing my neck.

Her breath sends shivers down my spine, and I can't deny that she's good at this. For a moment, I get lost in the sensation until I push her away and come back to reality.

"Fine, be like that. But we both know you enjoyed that pretty girl," she teases, as I make my way towards the bathroom. I check my reflection in the mirror, relieved that there are no visible marks.

Why am I feeling like this towards girls? Is it just a phase? I can't help but wonder.

When I hear the door open, I roll my eyes at the sight of Ava.

"I'm not interested in you, Ava," I say firmly.

"Oh really? Because your breathing quickened when my lips met your neck. What does she have that I don't?" Ava moves closer again, trying to kiss my neck.

I can't help but let out a small moan, and Ava giggles. My breathing quickens, and I'm struggling to resist the pleasure.

"This stays between us. It's just a one-night thing," I pant, my eyes fixed on hers through the mirror. She responds with a smile, turning me towards her and kissing me passionately.

Our passion sends us stumbling backward, my back hitting the counter. She runs her hands down my thighs, lifting me up onto the marble countertop as she stands between my legs.

"Wait, can you lock the door...?" I pause, still kissing her lips. I watch her walk towards the door, turning the lock to ensure we have privacy.