She never misses || XIV

"As you know, our tributes have been rated on a scale from 1 to 12." Our host, Caesar, announces on television.

"After three days of careful evaluation," he pauses dramatically, before continuing.

"The gamekeepers would like to acknowledge these scores. All Careers are sitting in one room together."

"From district 1, Marvel Standford with a score of 9." He announces, in a loud voice. "Glimmer Belcourt with a score of 8," Caesar continues.

"Not bad," I mutter, raising my eyebrows.

"Ava Fernsby with a score of 5," Caesar announces, making my giggle instantly.

"So you're telling me she's with us?" I ask, laughing.

"Nah, she'll die in the bloodbath, I'm sure," Cato responds, shaking his head.

"She's definitely not career material," I add.

Ava glares at us in anger and announces, "I'm not that useless, you know!"

"Sure," Clove says sarcastically, chuckling, and shaking her head.

"Tom Whitlock with a score of 6," Caesar announces.

I glance over at Tom, who is smiling at his score. "That's no better than Ava's. Why are you smiling?" Clove mumbles, rolling her eyes.

"from district 2, Chris Throndsden scored with an 8." The audio announced.

"Well done, Chris! You beat Tom and Ava!" I commend the boy, causing the two to death glare me.

Ignoring them, I high-five the younger boy next to me. He looks back at the television proudly from his score, a rather large grin plastered onto his face.

"𝘾𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙠𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 10" The television presenter announces.

I respond with a smile and a wink, in cloves direction.

Observing my reaction, she smirks proudly, murmuring to herself in an assured manner, "Of course."

"𝙄𝙧𝙞𝙨 𝙁𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 11."

I stare in shock at the screen, unable to believe what I am seeing.

"Congratulations," Enobaria says.

"I thought they hated me," I respond in disbelief.

"Well, they must have liked your guts," Brutus says, speaking proudly.

"𝘾𝙖𝙩𝙤 𝙃𝙖𝙙𝙡𝙚𝙮 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 10."

None of the tributes between districts 3 and 5 received scores higher than 5, except for Finch.

"𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩 5, 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙘𝙝 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 7."

"Shes really smart I feel as if we could use her to win." I tell the rest of the careers. "Nah she won't get far. It's a waste of time." Ava says. Your a waste of time.

"𝘼𝙧𝙩𝙝𝙪𝙧 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 7."

"𝘿𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩 11, 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙝 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 9."

"𝙍𝙪𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 7."

For a girl as small as Chris, a 7 is a really good score. I mean she beat Ava. But to be fair Ava is pretty useless.

"𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙡 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩, 𝙛𝙧𝙤𝙢 𝙙𝙞𝙨𝙩𝙧𝙞𝙘𝙩 12 𝙋𝙚𝙚𝙩𝙖 𝙢𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 8".

"𝙆𝙖𝙩𝙣𝙞𝙨𝙨 𝙀𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖 𝙨𝙘𝙤𝙧𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 11."

Bitch

Cato's face is contorted with anger. "Surely she can't be that good, can she?" the blonde boy seethes. We all shrug, not knowing much about the tribute from District 12.

I glance up to see the mentors pouring glasses. "To District 1 and 2," they declare, clinking their glasses together and drinking.