Chapter 2

Sunflower's POV:

"Ah, my lovely Sunflower," a voice hissed. I jerked my head around, looking desperately for the sound of the voice. I strained with all my might, but all I saw was darkness.

"Who are you?" I asked, struggling against my bonds that were trapping me to the chair.

"You can't see me, and I can't tell you, lovely," the voice snickered, "I'm the one who killed your parents, darling, and I'm coming for you too. Unless you-"

I woke with a start. Daylight was filtering through my curtains. It was just a nightmare, but it left me wondering. Who killed my parents? What would the voice do unless I what? I needed answers. But I couldn't get them just yet. I remembered today was the first day of classes, so I hurried out of bed and took a quick shower before dressing in a red laced crop top and fancy red jeans. I styled my own hair into a quick ponytail, and put on simple eyeshadow and lipstick. Finally, I slipped on a pair of white Adidas shoes and headed out of my bathroom.

"Morning," Bluefur said. She was wearing a lacy blue dress that covered her thighs neatly. Her blue hair was styled into a neat bun that wrapped around her head.

"Morning," I said.

"How are you?" Bluefur asked.

"Good, you?" I asked.

"Great, actually," Bluefur said.

"So, where are we going to have breakfast?" I asked.

"The cooks actually sent the breakfast up to our dorm rooms," Bluefur explained.

"Great!" I said, opening the door to find two plates filled with pancakes with syrup and butter, apple slices, and bacon, with two cups filled to the brim with coffee with sugar, duh.

"This looks delicious!" Bluefur exclaimed as I set the plates on the living room table, "So, how come I haven't seen you anywhere else?"

I sighed, "I've been homeschooled."

"Homeschooled?" Bluefur asked.

"My mother and father died when I was really young, like really young, about five or something," I said, "And since my brother still hasn't found out the culprit, he made me stay home until I was old enough to care for myself."

"That's really sad," Bluefur sympathized, "I can relate. My mom died when my sister and I were seven, then my sister died accidentally running into a motorcycle on our way back home, when I was ten. My dad's alive, with my step-mom."

"Why is having a step-mom so bad?" I inquired.

"Becuase I learned that my dad never actually loved my mom!" Bluefur said, angrily taking a bite of pancake, "He was always in love with Dappletail!"

"Your step-mom is Dappletail?" I asked, sipping my coffee.

"Don't call her that!" Angry Blue yelled.

"Ok sorry," I said, "I didn't mean too."

"It's alright," Blue said, cooling down, "I just...don't like people calling her that."

"I get it," I said, nodding.

Blue and I stayed silent for the rest of the meal. After that, we collected our books and headed to our first class: math. Since Bluefur ran ahead to join her betrothed, I walked slowly, unaware of my surrounding.

When I arrived, I waved curtly to Bluefur, who was sitting next to a red-haired dude who I assumed was Fireheart, and sat at the front of the class, waiting for the lesson to start.
Timeskip to after math class....

I was walking silently, until someone bumped into me.

I saw a young girl with chocolate-brown hair and kind eyes fall onto the floor. I had seen here in my math class!

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, holding out a hand for the girl.

"It's okay," the girl said, dusting off her gray shirt, "I'm Cinderheart, by the way. What's your name?"

"I'm Sunflower," I replied, "Where are you heading?"

"Language, you?" Cinderheart asked.

"Me too!" I exclaimed, "Do you want to walk together?"

"Sure!" Cinderheart agreed, taking my hand and skipping off to LA. I think I made a new friend today.