Chapter 11

Sunny's POV:

World War I or the First World War, often abbreviated as WWI or WW1, began on 28 July 1914 and ended on 11 November 1918. Referred to by contemporaries as the "Great War", its belligerents included much of Europe, the Russian Empire, the United States, and the Ottoman Empire, with fighting also expanding into the Middle East, Africa, and parts of Asia. One of the deadliest conflicts in history, an estimated 9 million people were killed in combat, while over 5 million civilians died from military occupation, bombardment, hunger, and disease. Millions of additional deaths resulted from genocides within the Ottoman Empire and the 1918 influenza pandemic, which was exacerbated by the movement of combatants during the war.

I was studying peacefully in the Gryffindor Underground Room, because Blue and Cindy were screaming upstairs for some unknown reason. At least I had peace here.

"SUNNNNNYYYYY!" footsteps thumped down the stairs as Bluefur raced down, "SHOPPPPINGGGG SPREEEEEE! WE'RE GOING TO THE MALLLLLL! COOOOOOMMMMMEEEE OOOOOONNNNNN!"

"Shush, Bluefur!" I hissed, "You promised me!"

"Buuut the Dance is in twooo days!" Blue whined.

"Fine," I groaned, marking the page and standing. I was still in my nightgown.

I headed upstairs and changed into a simple gray t-shirt and faded black jeans. I put my hair into a messy bun and brushed my face with light blush.

"Ready," I said, after pulling on a long black cloak to cover my face.

"Let's go!" Blue cheered. 

I followed my friends out of the school.

"Who drives?" Cindy asked.

"Who has a car?" Blue asked.

"I have a car," I offered.

"Great, let's go then!" Cindy said.

I led my friends to my car, and climbed into it, turning on the vehicle with my keys and nodded for my friends to get inside.

"WOOOHOOOOOOOO WE'RE GOING TO THE MALLLLLLLLLLLLL!" Blue cheered.

"At least calm down, Blue," I groaned, "I'm still thinking."

"You and your studying!' Blue whined.

"It's like your kid!" Cindy complained.

"I can turn back now if I want," I said sharply, "But I'm coming along for the sake of you two. But if you guys are rowdy and annoying, I'm turning back. I'm not shopping with a bunch of annoying brats, at my grandfather's mall nonetheless."

I was not ashamed at my words. My friends gasped at me, and had the smart head to stay quiet. We drove onto Storm Street, and I parked my car in a reserved area and got out of the car in silence, my friends following like obedient dogs.

"Bags in please," a guard grunted. I rolled my eyes and lowered my black hood. The guard gasped, and quickly sank into a short but low bow.

"Forgive us, Lady Sunflower," another guard said, bowing his head as well, "What brings you here?"

"Shopping," I replied, "There is a school ball coming up and I needed some dresses. I am with my friends, Bluefur and Cinderheart."

"Of course of course," the guard said, "Please, come inside."

The guard grandly gestured to the entrance, which two glass doors had been added in. The doors slid open and the three of us stepped in.

Cindy's POV: