Chapter 5

PARKER

It took me the entire evening to finish unpacking my things.

I didn't even realize that I had that much stuff.

The hotel was coming together slowly, but it would be our pack house once it was finished.

My mum was filling in some of the other rooms and ensuring everyone knew where everything was going. She loves delegating orders to the driver of the removal vans more than my father does, and he is the pack's alpha.

I looked over my room and smiled.

Kai pushed forward and looked through my eyes to see. "You did good, human," he said, sounding proud.

I smiled.

I turned on my heel and headed out of my room. I searched for my father, but I found him in the office with the door locked.

I frowned.

"You can help me," said my mum from behind me.

I turned around and groaned. "Do I have to?' I asked.

My mum nodded. "Yes, you do," she said. "Max is working on putting some of the kitchen supplies in the cupboards."

I frowned. "You know the omega's will move them around when they come," I said. "They have certain places for certain things."

My mother smiled. "I know, but they need everything in the kitchen for them," she said.

I didn't say anything.

My mum looked at me and smiled. "You can help me in another room," she said. "There was a spare room, and I thought you might like it as a games room for you and your friends."

I looked at my mother, shocked. "A games room?" I asked her.

My mother nodded. "I spoke with your father before he locked himself in the office about it, and he agreed that you all needed a place to call your own."

I stared at her. "What about the human town?" I asked. "We might find something there to spend time in."

My mother nodded but sighed. "I know," she said. "We have to be careful, they may not know about our kind, and if they don't, we have to be extra careful. We don't want anyone to get hurt down there."

That's true. We need to be safe, but also we need to keep the humans safe. If they don't know about our kind, then we are screwed.

I looked toward the office door.

I know I was to be alpha, but not for a long time. But I wanted to be there, to understand what was happening.

"You will get your chance," my mother blurted out. I turned to look at her, confused.

"You will get your chance to help within the pack," she said with a smile. "I mean, you are next in line, but I know your father wants to ensure everything is ready for you, and everything is put in place."

I nodded, but I didn't say anything.

My mother stared at me for a few moments but shook her head. "Come on, let's get your games room done so when your friends come here tomorrow, you can all play."

I stared back at her. "The guys are not coming for another two days," I said with a frown.

My mother smiled. "Ah, I forgot that your friends were coming earlier," she said with a knowing smile. "Your father has asked for the Beta and Gamma to come earlier."

I nodded.

My mum turned, and we headed to the room where she wanted the games room to be.

Once we were inside, we looked around and talked. I told her what we wanted in the games room and where everything should go. My mum contacted her friend, who was going to do the room. After the phone call, I glanced toward the window.

It was dark outside.

Night had drawn in quickly around here, but I have to say. We all have been busy with unpacking.

"I think we all should go to bed," my mum said. "I ordered a pizza for us all to have food."

I smiled. Pizza is one of my favorite foods.

My mum and I walked to the kitchen, where we found Max and Dad sitting around the table with five big boxes of pizzas for us all.

I sat opposite my father as he handed me a box. "What do you think about the games room?" He asked.

I nodded as I took a slice of pizza from my box. "I like it," I said. I took a bit of my pizza. I love having all meat put on, especially meatballs.

After chewing for a moment, Dad looked at me. "Parker, you and the other children will be starting school with the humans in a week," he said. "They have been on some holidays and will start a new year there."

I nodded, but I couldn't help but frown. I was not too fond of school. I didn't mind learning, but I was not too fond of the way people would act. We have been to a human school before, but when a few humans started to cause problems, my father took us out of there and had a tutor come to the pack house to school us. It was weird but effective.

"Do you think we will have problems like before?" I asked before taking another bite of my pizza.

My father shook his head. "No," he said. "The school has less than two hundred students as the town is small."

I nodded.

"I know the humans don't know about our kind, as the mayor laughed when I mentioned anything about wolves to him," he said with an amused look. "In fact, he said there would be no wildlife due to some crazy Pat."

I looked at him. "What is a crazy Pat?" I asked.

My father shrugged. "Have no clue, son," he said. "We have to be careful when we go for a run. I mean, we have to stay within the borders of the pack. The human town is small and on the one side, but we have the other side where we can run for miles."

That's good to know; I would hate being unable to run.

I could hear a low growl in my head. I looked back and saw Kai staring back at me. "We need to run," he said. "I would end up going crazy."

I smirked.

Kai was like a puppy dog who needed walking every so often, but he loved to run. He is fast, one of the fastest runners of the pack.

Someone cleared their throat, and I looked at my father, who was smiling at me. "I take it Kai likes the idea of running for miles."

I nodded. "You know it."

We ate the pizza with some more conversations about the town and the school. Max will be homeschooled until he turns twelve, then joins us in the human school when he is ready.

Max is nine and hates being treated differently. I sometimes have to remind him that we are alphas, and we need to do more learning as we might be taking over the pack.

After food, I excused myself and headed back to my bedroom.

I was eating tired, but I knew I had to have a quick shower.

After a shower, I placed a pair of lounge pants on and climbed into bed.

Tomorrow my friends will be here, and I can't wait to see them.

Levi is my best friend and will be my Beta when I take over. Then there is Brody, and he will be my Gamma. Our fathers are all best friends; that's how we got to be so close.

We do everything together, and I can't wait for them to see this place. Even though I haven't checked it out, we could do that together when they have unpacked.

Sleep comes as soon as I lay my head on the pillow, which was no shock to me as I was exhausted.

I hope I don't have any nightmares now as my eyes start to flutter shut and send me into darkness.