Confession

The next morning I wake up to Matt and Alahna on the other side of the couch sleeping peacefully. I then look up to find Chris fast asleep with his arms still around me, snoring silently. The house was dead quiet and Nick was nowhere in sight. I check my phone and see it's 7 36am.

A exhale through my nose, carefully lifting Chris's arm so I could shuffle out of his hold. I sit up, scanning the living room for Nick before standing up and making my way over to the kitchen.

When I walk in, I see him sitting on a stool at the kitchen island with his back faced towards me. I sneak up from behind him and wrap my arms around his shoulders, resting my head on his.

"Hey" I mumble.

"Since when do you ever get up this early?" He chuckles, texting on his phone.

I glance over at the screen to see who he was talking to.

"Who are you talking to?" I say intrigued, removing my arms from around him and sitting on the stool to his right, turning to face him.

"No one" he tries to conceal his smile but fails, avoiding eye contact as they stay on his phone.

"Oh come on. Who is he?" I smirk, leaning on my elbow.

"That's a conversation for another day" he grins, looking at me.

"Alright" I sigh, jumping down from the stool and going to make myself a coffee.

"Question" Nick speaks up as I pour myself the drink.

"Shoot"

I turn back to him, sitting back down on the stool while I cup the hot beverage in my palms for warmth.

"What's going on between you and Matt?"

I feel my stomach drop. My eyes shoot towards him, and he sits there smiling, awaiting my answer. I look back down to the coffee in my hands, feeling my face grow overwhelmingly hot.

"What do you mean?" I manage to spit out, fiddling with the chipped nail polish on my nails.

"Well I've been sensing recently that you've got a little crush on him" He lowers his head to try meet my eyes.

I look back up at him, furrowing my eyebrows.

"What?" I smile, trying to act confused.

"Oh come on y/n. I see the way you sneak looks at him thinking I wouldn't notice"

"I-I don't know what you're talking about..." I trail off, feeling my chest tighten.

"You're such a liar" Nick laughs, nudging me with his elbow. I couldn't help the nervous smile spread on my lips as I cover my face with my hands in embarrassment.

"Oh god" I chuckle, pulling my hands away from my face and taking a sip of my drink.

"Come on, you can talk to me. I know you'd normally talk to Chris about this stuff but I'm better at keeping secrets" he folds his arms, giving me comforting eyes.

I let out a big sigh, turning more on my stool to face him.

"Promise?" I hold out my pinky.

"Promise" he interlocks our pinkies and kisses my hand.

"Okay..." I mutter, taking in a deep breath.

"You know you guys are like my best friends in the whole world and I have always, and will always see you guys that way...."

He nods, listening intently.

"Well recently...I've been um, seeing Matt kinda differently and I don't know how I feel about it. He's always been a friend to me, you know? And now I just always get nervous when we're alone together or even when I'm around him. I don't know to do. It's driving me crazy because I can't tell him. If I tell him then it might ruin what we have and the last thing I want to do is lose him as a friend. Like what if it makes things awkward? What if he never sees me the same again? So I've just been trying to push the feelings away and ignore it but it's like it's impossible" I talk a mile a minute, before finishing and scanning his face for some sort of reaction.