Pretty boy

After chatting with Nick I head upstairs, walking down the hallway to Chris's room when I feel my body bump into another. Matt.

"Oh, sorry..." He says, making my heart skip a beat.

"T-that's okay" I stutter, staring at him nervously but in awe.

He was fresh out of the shower, with a towel wrapped around his waist. I felt my breath get caught in my throat. His hair was wet and strands covered his eyes like they always do. I was lost in a transe at the sight, completely caught off guard.

I gulp, awkwardly stepping past him and storming into Chris's room, closing the door behind me as I lean against it.

I close my eyes and sigh, making Chris turn to me from his desk.

"What's up with you?" He chuckles, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Nothing" I say plainly, flopping into his bed.

"Oh come on, you've been acting weird all day" he gets up from his chair and comes to sit next to me.

"I have not" I lie in defense.

"Y/n I've barely heard you say a word today" He looks at me seriously.

I exhale deeply, getting under the covers and turning to my side to face him. His eyes scan mine, and I look back at him with my cheek resting on my hand. He could tell something was going on and I hated that.

"What's up?" He pats me arm, encouraging me to talk.

"Nothing...just tired" i lie again, hoping he'd give up.

"Oh come on y/n. I can tell something's bothering you" He states. "Talk to me"

I pause, gazing at him as I contemplate whether or not to say anything. He watches me eagerly, waiting patiently.

"Is it about your mom?" He asks softly.

"no..." I mumble, pulling the sheets up to my chest and gripping it in my hand.

"Then what is it?"

I pause, staring at him for a moment.

"...You can't tell anyone" I say seriously, getting it straight to him that I didn't want anyone knowing.

"Not even Matt or Nick" I add, knowing that he has no idea that Nick already knows.

"I won't" he says without hesitation, holding his hand to his chest.

I take a few seconds to think about what I was going to say. Knowing for a fact that I didn't want him knowing it was Matt that I had a crush on. Because I didn't want him to think anything of it. I knew he wouldn't be mad but he'd want to ask questions that I didn't even have the answer to myself.

"Okay..." I sit up, leaning up against the head of the bed while holding my hands in my lap.

"Well...basically, um...I've sort of started having feelings for someone and I don't know what to do about it" I mutter.

"Who?!" He asks excitedly, shuffling closer to me with a smile.

"I'm not saying..." I state, looking down at my hands.

"Aw why nottt?" He whines, cocking his head to the side in disappointment.

"Is it me?" He smiles cheekily, nudging my arm playfully.

"Ew no! Ugh" I frown, pushing him by the chest.

He falls back against the bed giggling before sitting up again with a wide smile.

"Who is it then?"

"I already told you, I'm not going to say" I eye him in seriousness, which he gradually catches onto.