Chapter 11 || GAS GAS GAS

Y/N POV
Circuit Albert Park, Melbourne

P2 on the grid, that could be worse... I thought.
The debriefs were all clear for me and it's just time to prepare for the race, it'll be a long race and everything can happen.

It was only half an hour away now and the national anthem of Australia was being played. There we were, all 22 of us, lined up, perfectly in race suits.

The anthem was over and I quickly went to look for my own space to just relax before the race.

I grabbed my phone and put on some music.

I picked up life support, not cause I was sad, but the songs help me calm down and okay, I gotta admit, they remind me that I always have Madison's support.

I listened to the songs and closed my eyes.

15 minutes before the start Jeff walked up to me, he wanted me to check if I remembered the strategy.

Of course I remember it, I'm still young unlike you. I joked.

Very true, good luck Y/N, we'll be assisting you from the pit wall.

My mother walked up to me, she gave me a big hug

This is it honey, take care please. She said.

I will mom, this is what we've been fighting for. I said.

My mom let me go and I put on my helmet.

I made sure my head and neck support (HANS) system was all attached properly and stepped into the car.

The tires were fitted on the car but the tire blankets stayed on em.

I sat down, and waited for a mechanic to do my seat belts while I checked my radio.

Radio check? I asked.

Loud and clear Y/N. Said Jeff over the radio.

It was exactly 03:00 PM local time and the formation lap was underway.

I warmed my tires and made sure I didn't wear em out too fast. I also made sure to go through all the gears.

We did the formation lap then went back onto the main straight.

I did a few mini burnouts to get the dirty stuff off my tires and provide them more grip.

Last car is approaching the grid. I heard over the radio.

I held my clutch pedals in, put the car into gear and revved the engine up to 10500RPM.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5... AND THE LIGHTS GO OUT!

I let my right clutch pedal go and controlled my left pedal as much as possible.

I got a clean start, while Max has a terrible start, he's dropping back the order!

I overtook Max for the lead and Tyler soon followed.

Behind us it was all chaos, lots of contact was made and a car even got airborne for a moment.