Chapter 21 || There's nothing holding me back

Y/N POV
Porsche F1 data center in Long Beach Paddock, California

The data made no sense at all, every strong aspect of our car lacks on this circuit, traction out of the slow corners is a disaster and the battery made no sense as well... I'm clueless about this.

The Friday was a struggle, although our cars finished P1-2 in both practice sessions, it felt like it was on ice every lap. The Mercedes cars look way more conserving for their tires, the pace in the long runs is concerning for us.

I looked at the time and I realized I've been here for far too long. 2AM... Mads must be concerned, I should head back to my motorhome. I walked through the dark halls. The data center looks different when it's empty.

There were barely people out, A few mechanics of the Ferrari team who were unfortunate enough to rebuild a whole chassis after Schumacher shunted the car in turn 10, a left hander, easy to lose the rear if your entry line is wrong.

I continued the walk back. It's a strange feeling to walk in the paddock that's completely silent.

I arrived at the trailer and entered, there I found Madison asleep on the couch, having her with me at this grand prix is like a dream. My mom couldn't attend this weekend, so having Madison by my side is a relief.

She woke up from me entering.

Buppy, why are you back so late? I've really really missed you... She looked at me with the puppy eyes.

Just nothing makes sense, our car lacks drivability for me and the tires burn out too fast. I'm frustrated by it.

Well tomorrow is a new day, you should rest a bit buppy. Madison yawned mid sentence.

Of course I will baby, come here. I carried Madison to the bed and we snuggled up to each other.

We both fell into a peaceful and cozy sleep.

The next morning

Y/N, ready? My radio was working perfect.

More then ready, let's see what we can get out of it.

I pulled the clutches in and drove out of the garage.

The track was more rubbered in now through all the feeder series that have ran here before we got out and it was noticeable when driving out the pits.

The morning session finished quick and although we improved our long run pace drastically, I'm still not satisfied with the way the car handles.

Do you want to completely change the setup of the car Y/N? Jeff frowned.

No, we'll run it like this, if I can get ahead of both Mercedes cars, I'll make it work.

I went for lunch with Madison, while the Mazda MX5 cup ran their first race of the weekend.

Buppy, promise me you'll stay safe, I don't want you in the hospital or anything.

Don't worry Mads, I'll be okay.

Promise me you won't get a concussion and forget about the last few weeks. Madison looked at me with a certain look.