Chapter 12 || Everything happens for a reason

After the heated battle on Australia,
Y/N vs Tyler continued on with both a podium, both drivers where yet to win a race and overall Y/N finished ahead of Tyler. Here are the highlights:

The San Marino Grand Prix:
Driven on the Imola circuit, Y/N was putting all the pressure on his teammate Max Verstappen, fighting for the win, but Y/N couldn't get passed his more experienced teammate. Everdeen retired after losing the car going into Villeneuve chicane.

Top 3:
1. Max Verstappen (Porsche F1)
2. Y/N Y/L/N (Porsche F1)
3. Charles Leclerc (Scuderia Ferrari)

The Portugese Grand Prix:
Portimao was the host of the Portugese Grand Prix.
Y/N was caught up in a mass collision, sending him
into the second DNF (did not finish) of the season. Everdeen reached his first podium by finishing P3 after Carlos Sainz hadn't got sufficient fuel in the car for the FIA to check everything.

Top 3:
1. Charles Leclerc (Scuderia Ferrari)
2. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes AMG PETERONAS)
3. Tyler Everdeen (Mercedes AMG PETERONAS)

The Grand Prix of Bahrain:
The track located in Sakhir was the host for an uneventful Grand Prix. Everdeen damaged his nose in turn 1 and essentially lost his race there already, Y/N was in a hard fought duel with Carlos Sainz for P2 and ended up ahead of the second Ferrari driver

Top 3:
1. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes AMG PETRONAS)
2. Y/N Y/L/N (Porsche F1)
3. Sebastian Vettel (Scuderia Ferrari)

Y/N POV
Circuit de Catalunya, Barcelona

Back on the track where we had pre-season testing, I had managed to put it on the front row of the grid and I was once again busy chasing a car, I was behind Charles Leclerc in the Ferrari and I was much quicker then him. The whole weekend we've been quick and now I'm catching up to lead a grand prix.

Each corner I came a little closer, putting Leclerc under more and more pressure.

I moved to the inside, hoping it would distract the Monegasque, but he didn't care about it.

Okay then I'll have to get him before the braking zone I thought.

I never been this close, I'm essentially in his gearbox right now, going into sector 3. I then realized I took too much entry speed into the final corner, which left me understeering towards the outside more and more.

On the outside was a huge sausage curb.

I went over it with my left wheels and felt the car lose it's grip.

The car was grinding over the curb like a skateboard and before I knew it, I spun off into the gravel.

I tried to gently get out of the gravel trap, but the car was already beached.

FUCK, I'M SO SORRY GUYS. I screamed over the radio.

Turn off the engine Y/N. Said Jeff.

I did... I undid my seatbelts, disconnected my team radio wire, removed the headrest, threw out the steering wheel and climbed out.

Once out the car I picked up the steering wheel again and put it back.

I walked to the tire barrier and gave it a hard kick.