Characters + Glossary

This chapter will be updated regularly with new characters who will appear in the future ! I will also add some information about them and their role in the story/NCT theory !

Reminder : don't be surprised if I change their actual age, this is for the coherence of the story. One cannot be 18 but be a certified scientist, for instance.

🌹🌹🌹

Lee Taeyong.

- Studies architecture at university.
- Has two student jobs : one at a restaurant and one at a cinema.
- From Seoul.
- Born in 1994.
- Role in the NCT Lab : creator of the Neo Zone*, team leader and visualizing operator*.

🌹🌹🌹

Seo Johnny (Seo Youngho)

- Renowned scientist and researcher.
- Worked for the American government a few months after he got his first doctor degree, but then retired from society in order to prove the existence of the neo-wave*.
- From Chicago.
-Born in 1987.
- Role in the NCT Lab : lead experimenter.

🌹🌹🌹

Mark Lee (Lee Minhyung)

- Follows a double cursus in biology and neurology at university.
- From Toronto
- Born in 1993
- Role in the NCT Lab : works in tight collaboration with Johnny, creator of the reality testers* and visualizing operator.

🌹🌹🌹

Jung Jaehyun.

- Works as a general practitioner and owns his cabinet.
- From Seoul.
- Born in 1990
- Role in the NCT Lab : has premonitory dreams, regularly saves the Neos' lives.

🌹🌹🌹

Chittaphon Leechaiyapornkul
(Li Yong Qin)

- Son of an influential family in Siam.
- Accomplishes diplomatic missions for his father.
- From Bangkok.
- Born in 1810.
- Role in the NCT Lab : first Neo to accomplish the Empathy* and join the Neo Zone*.

🌹🌹🌹

Moon Taeil.

- waiter at a chicken restaurant.
- follows evening lectures to become a social worker.
- From Seoul
- Born in 1991
- Role in the NCT Lab : tries to heal from tormenting dreams, creates Empathy* rituals.

🌹🌹🌹

Kim Doyoung

- singer, compositor, songwriter.
- performs in various cafes and on the streets. Moved to Seoul for his career, is in talks with different labels to sign contracts.
- From Guri
- Born in 1991.
- Role in the NCT Lab : creator of the Musical Cognition Theory*.

🌹🌹🌹

Park Jisung

- Orphan
- From Seoul
- Born in 1978

🌹🌹🌹

Nakamoto Yuta

- Responsible for the maintenance of the machines in an electrical devices factory in Osaka.
- From Kadoma, Osaka, Japan.
- Born in 1989
- Role in the NCT Lab : technician.

🌹🌹🌹

Side Characters.

- Abe : Jaehyun's childhood friend in Hartford.
- Hwan Jinseo : Doyoung's girlfriend and Taeil's best friend.
- Tora Aalberg : astrophysicist and mathematician. Johnny's ex. Based in Chicago.
- Victoria Wood : Tora Aalberg's new born daughter.

GLOSSARY :

Neo Zone : parallel universe accessible to all the Neos through their dreams. Was accidentally created by Taeyong during his NDE (near-death experience). Almost everything that exists in the Neo Zone is created during Stage 5 (lucid dream) by the visualizing operators.

Visualizing operator: constructor of the Neo Zone or any other parallel universe.

Neo-wave: electrical frequency that is created in great amount by the brains of sleeping visualizing operators.

Reality tester : various tricks and objects that allow the lucid dreamers to differentiate between dreams and reality.

7th sense : awakened sense of individuality that allows an average dreamer to reach the state of lucid dream. Creates a state of lucidity that persists up to a certain level of unconsciousness.

Empathy : act of integrating the stable universe of a visualizing operator. Happens in stage 4 called "empathy phase".

Musical Cognition Theory: theory defending the thesis that the creator of a melody gains a certain power over his listeners' subconsciousness.