XXXII : The 7th Sense

Stage 4 : Empathy Phase.

Location : City 127.

Reliving the moment he killed Jinseo's murderer was certainly not the most pleasant way to arrive in the Neozone but Doyoung had been warned. Plus, thanks to Taeil and their visit to the glade, he was more comfortable with what happened. He still felt nauseous at the thought of blood, but the disgust for himself disappeared.

Thanks to Taeyong's intervention, the temple was now perfectly illuminated, which allowed him to observe his room and the appearance of his glass cage intently.

Pure adrenalin was rushing through his veins.

He ventured in the corridor after mustering up enough courage and followed the far away voices that ricocheted against the walls. On his way, the singer found several doors wide open. Taeyong's room with his glass cage that contained two deep blue LED tubes that symbolized the time dilation and his two NDEs and Jaehyun's room that contained a stool and a mirror. Mark's room was probably behind one of the nearby doors but remained inaccessible since Mark was taking the serum.

As promised, everyone was gathered in Chittaphon's room. They stopped talking as they watched him come in.

-How are you ? Jaehyun asked kindly.

Albeit pale, Doyoung didn't look completely appalled by his experience in the glass cage, which was a good sign.

The singer couldn't help but stare too long at Chittaphon. He couldn't believe he was in the same room as Ten the monk. A ghost from the past.

The latter was smirking. He exuded a fascinating self-confidence.

-Nice to meet you, Doyoung, he said, not even making the effort to stand up.

The singer bowed down as a response and finally looked at Taeyong kneeling next to Chittaphon with an upset face.

-Chittaphon... I'm so, so deeply sorry for letting you here alone for 17 nights in a row... We worked relentlessly to find a solution...

-Do you imagine a second how I felt ? I didn't even know that you'd come back ! I was resigned to spend every night until the end of my life here ! I even tried to empathize blindly with someone, anyone else but the temple was blocking my spirit !

-We've known it since the beginning, we have to open our eyes.

-It doesn't mean anything ! Chittaphon exploded as Jaehyun gritted his teeth, not liking that tone. I have never been that lucid in my life, my mind is clear and I do not fear my worst memory anymore ! Aren't my eyes open ?!

Taeyong, Doyoung and Jaehyun knew very well what they had to do to get out, but since they learnt it from Ten's book, Chittaphon had to have the idea first, otherwise there would be a chronological aberration. All they could do was give him hints.

-Listen, the Empathy isn't all about yourself, Jaehyun intervened. We must become one entity to share the same dream.

-What are you implying ?

-What do you think ?

-Are you really messing with me after abandoning me like a dog here for weeks ?!

Ten was so furibund his neck was getting red.

-Please, answer, Taeyong pleaded.

The sight of Jaehyun's imperious expression made Chittaphon calm down a bit. These people were his allies, it was in his interest to not fight with them.

-I don't know... You want us to switch cages ?

The three Korean men let out a sigh of relief that the Siamese male found out so quickly. Most probably, the thought had already crossed his mind several times but he never dared to formulate his idea out loud.