Chapter 38

Kevin didn't know why he felt so frustrated. Evan was going through mood swings and it was becoming a bit hard to control outbursts. He was lucky to have Steven and Stefan. They were trying their best to tend to Evan. But he could tell it wasn't working. Evan saw their efforts with distaste. Constantly annoyed on the verge of tears. Screaming, shouting. Pregnant Evan was a whole new different person. He had even snapped at Devon and Celine. His mouth had no filter and he screamed at the top of his lungs.

So Kevin had no choice but to limit him to the house most of the time. With Steven and Stefan beside him. As much as it made him guilty to confine his lovely mate in their house. He didn't wanted to take any risks. Evan was already so much emotional. It made him vulnerable too. And he wanted to protect him at all cost. Even if he needed to hide about his mate's Pregnancy from his pack as well as his Beta.

"You okay ?" Markian asked as he looked at his Alpha in concern. Kevin shook his head. It's him who should be concerned. With Stefan busy with Evan meant more workload for Markian. And with trust issues regarding Sebastian every responsibility fell on Markian's shoulder's. And it was surely taking a toll on him. He looked exhausted.

"Have you eaten yet?" Kevin asked.
"No, I will after I finish preparing the list of the guests we will be having" Markian replies. Kevin could only nod. It was really an important event. The Alpha's will be coming for the merge of the packs. Soon it will be a Pack of thousands. With Five Alpha united at as one. Kevin couldn't help but feel grateful to Stefan, Steven and Markian for supporting him. It was a dream come true.
The wastelands were already converted for farming residential spaces. All they needed was more security. With won't be a problem when the order pack will combine. It meant they will be able to put up a fight with the Ravagers. Kevin felt ecstatic thinking about all the possibilities. As much as he loved to ponder about the thoughts he couldn't really ignore Markian's Dark Circles.

" Let's go and eat something. I am hungry" Kevin says as stands up from his chair. "If you want something to eat, I can bring from the refectory that had newly opened or would you like something from the common mess Hall" Markian asked. Kevin chuckled as he pulled his friend alongside him.
" I am capable of going by myself but still come with me I would like to see the new training hall that Evan had design as an amphitheatre. "
Markian smiled as he followed.

They ate and watched as the battle wolves practiced on the sphere stage. Sebastian joined them. But Kevin felt a sudden irriation seeing his Beta. He wanted to irritate him too.

So he rambled about Evan just to spite Sebastian. But he just couldn’t shake the feeling that something bad was about to happen. 

And then he saw Stefan running towards him.  His face panic stricken, his eyes were red like he was crying just a moment ago

“I just went to bath, I didn't knew he would be like this, it's all my fault,” Stefan started, his voice cracking "Steven was late, but I didn't wait, I went to bath and He...he" Stefan spluttered, trying to find the right words. He, who always had a reply or retort to anything, had no idea what to say at that moment. He should say what happened to Evan not bloody explain himself.

Kevin pulled his brother into his arms. As much as he wanted to know what had happened. He couldn't let Stefan go through a Panic attack. "Breath in, Breath out...Breath in, again out" he whispered as Stefan controlled his breathing.

"Now tell me what happened?" He asked as he saw Stefan compose himself.

“Evan snuck out of the house” he stammered.