Chapter 27

The shutter of the Earth.

The split in the ground.

Threatening all in it's path.

The crack in the earth broke apart, gradually increasing in size and rushing forward towards the three, the black abyss below spreading to devour all in its path. The crack split under Temari, at first thin and faint line that began to spread out, readying to bury her under rock and gravel, just like the ambushes had earlier with the Rock shinobi, how ironic was that she thought almost laughing, they had buried the Rock shinobi and now Kurostuchi was returning the favor back at them.

When she looked down into the growing darkness below, what could be her demise and her allies, she reacted before she thought about her move made. The impulse was to push them aside, they couldn't get out from below like she could, her fan being her escape if need be, feeling the ground give under her, her thoughts forced the halt as she moved.

Attempting to avoid the same fate as the unfortunate shinobi behind them who cried out as they plunged into the darkness. Temari hastily turned to Ino, using the end of the fan to push her back, accompanied by her surprised scream, to the edge of the rumbling earth as the ground below her had begun to crumble and fall down into the deep abyss underneath them. In the same moment she jumped back on the opposite side, ready to push Shikamaru back, but she was frozen.

Ino fell back with a gasp, the sudden impact knocking the breath from her, but saving her from falling under the disappearing ground she has been on, thankful for the save thought more than ready to complain later on the method Temari had used. Quickly sitting up she looked over at her savior on the other side, her body was being held back as she leaned forward at the edge of the opened abyss, almost falling in. Behind her Shikamaru stepping back, hands raised in his shadow possession, her body following his under the connected shadow, saving her from the edge of the ledge.

But the ground still shook.

In the distance as the crack continued to advance towards the edge of the ravine, splitting from the ground to the cliffside, the earth cracking open and shoot out boulders, rocks, and dust into the unsuspecting fights around them, all nations fee...

In the distance as the crack continued to advance towards the edge of the ravine, splitting from the ground to the cliffside, the earth cracking open and shoot out boulders, rocks, and dust into the unsuspecting fights around them, all nations feeling the strike, the attack showing no mercy to those in the way.

"You alright?" Shikamaru shouted to Temari over the blast, the dust and rocks spreading past them, making it harder to see.

"I could have saved myself you know" Temari shouted back to him her body still frozen under the shadow, Shikamaru rolled his eyes as he released her, angry seemed to be her default mood even when he saved her. Turning to face him, ready to yell it seemed, her anger seeped through as she spoke, but it wasn't directed at him "get down!" she warned with a shout, the instant she lifted her weapon Shikamaru had dropped down narrowly avoiding the swing of her fan. The audible cry of a rock shinobi who had been running towards them, silenced under the hit.