fifteen.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

in truth, vance found it weird that he talked to a ghost, a ghost of some kid that had been kidnapped by this stupid killer. vance also found the fact that he felt safe around him weird, and knowing it wasn't just emmett made the feeling bigger. at this point, vance knew he would die but he would stil try to fight. he still had to beat his high score. the boy hated to admit it but he felt helpless and maybe not being alone brought him comfort.

this way, vance knew that when he died, he wouldn't be alone. he stil dreaded it, dying. despite emmett saying it wasn't too bad, vance was still terrified. he never thought he'd get far in life but he didn't expect it to be this soon or sudden. ge thought he'd live until his twenties or thirties, maybe own a house and buy his own pinball machine. he would get some shitty job and eat dinner alone every night. he wouldn't he married because he knew how scared everyone was of him, he drove people away.

vance didn't want to die in some shitty fucking basement but that's exactly what would happen. that night as he slept, the grabber walked down in a fit of rage. he gripped a knife in his right hand and seethed at vance. emmett tried calling but vance wouldn't wake up, too tired to do so. "oh shit" emmett had mumbled as the grabber slashed at vance, a red, thick line appearing on his side. vance awoke to the pain with a scream, squirming on the mattress as he did so. the blood gushed out of the wound and the grabber snarled at him. "you know how much it's going to cost me to fix that stupid hole?!" the grabber slashed at him again, this time on his cheek.

emmett looked away with a wince, eyes watering. with a dark chuckle, the grabber got off vance and stalked to the door, sparing him a glance before leaving upstairs. vance squirmed on the mattress, holding onto the deep cut on his side with a wince. "emmett" he muttered and emmett walked closer, softly tugging at one of vance's curls to let him know he was there. "ah, shit. this hurts so much" vance groaned and emmett could only stand and watch, not knowing what to do. he walked up to the phone and dialed, watching vance groan. "i can't right now! did you miss me getting fucking cut up?!" he screamed at the phone in anger.

"fine then, asshole" emmett scoffed as he hung up and leaned against the wall, watching vance for a moment before having an idea. vance could use his pin to cut the thin ass mattress cover and use it for his wound. "please pick up" emmett called again and vance only scoffed. "what the fuck did i say?" emmett growled and slapped the back of his head harshly, causing vance to rub it, "you stupid bitch!" he screamed before finally reaching over and picking up the phone. "what."

"stop being such an asshole and reach into the side of the mattress, pull out the pin and use it to cut the mattress cover" skeptically, vance reached into the mattress and pulled emmett's pin out with a hum, "why?" he asked as he eyed the pin, running his finger over emmett's name on the back of it. "to see if the cut stops bleeding a bit." vance's eyed widened and he nodded as he set the phone down, beginning to use the sharp part and cutting the cover.

"shortstack, what's he doing?" emmett motioned upstairs and watched as shortstack closed his eyes, brows furrowed. "he's not home" he tilted his head to the side as emmett nodded softly. he turned back to vance, who began to wrap up his stomach, wincing as he did so. once done, he picked the phone back up and looked around, "you like black sabbath?" vance mumbled as he rubbed his thumb over the pin. "yeah. you?" emmett grinned as vance laid on his back, eyes staring at the ceiling. "me too" he muttered.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
um.. yeah. i think we all know what's coming soon lol. also wanted to add what vance thought :)
omg i dont remember writing this and will not proof read bcs boringgg 😁