forty-one.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

"i know you’re not sleeping" the grabber spoke in a singsong voice as he walked into the room. finney stopped pretending to be asleep and sat up. "i’m starving" he said, "tell me your name" the grabber said and emmett narrowed his eyes at the man. "why do you care?" finney asked, eyeing the man in confusion. "i usually don’t, i find out eventually in the paper. they always print a nice, big photo with all the details i could ever want, all the things you boys lie about."

"what’s different this time?" finney asked and the grabber looked up at the ceiling, sighing. "oh, it’s complicated. it’s… too complicated." he muttered sadly, "everything’s different. nothing’s going right." emmett furrowed his brows and shared a look with vance, who looked equally as confused. "you could let me go" finney proposed. "i’m thinking about it" the grabber blatantly lied and emmett clenched his jaw, watching as finney believed it and how his eyes brightened just the slightest bit. "i promise i won’t tell anyone, you can blindfold me, drop me off on the street, i’ll walk home." finney said. "well, tell me your name." the grabber said, head tilted to the side.

"taylor. taylor mullen" finney lied and immediately flinched as the grabber sighed and threw the tray of food he held onto the floor, the contents spilling everywhere. "i was really starting to like you, finney." he said as he pulled a newspaper out of his pocket and threw it onto the floor. "i almost let you go." he muttered as he turned and walked away. finney was quick to open the paper with trembling hands, to find his face and name, stating that he was missing.

"shit, fin" emmett muttered as he stood beside finney, looking at the paper with sad eyes. he sighed as he continued to watch finney scoop the eggs up and place them back on the plate, leaving them there, with the now empty bottle of sprite alongside it.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
amazing news, the photographer was superrr nice and he let me retake my picture and he even like moved my hair for me and made my earrings visable and he made me stand a certain way and he encouraged me to smile with my teeth so i did and tbh i love the pic sm. i look so amazing like i am not even joking. he was super nice and im so glad he let me retake it bcs he really made it sm better. like in the first pic i looked so bad and then boom! he did that!! im super excited for my id now🤭