twenty-three.

(   THE   .   GRABBER.   )

FLASHBACK—

the smoke of the cigarette drifted upwards, fading into the air. the pugent smell of it infiltrated the three boys' noses, who embraced it. emmett waved it around, shifting in his seat as he smiled to the boy at his left, "you want some?" he asked finney, holding it out to him. "no thanks" finney shook his head and emmett only shrugged. "you?" he asked robin next, who nodded and took it from him. taking a hit from it and holding it for a few seconds before blowing it out. the smoke curled around before it became one with the wind.

"what happened?" robin softly asked afrer a minute of silence, cautiously eyeing emmett, a bruise on his cheek and eyes bloodshot. "i fucked up" was all he said as he fidgeted with the sleeve of his sweater. "i told my dad something and i guess it was wrong" emmett frowned, missing the look finney and eobin shared. "what was it?" finney asked softly, watching as emmett hesitated.

"we won't say a word. pinky promise" finney said, holding his pinky out to emmett, who took it with a smile. "yeah. pinky promise" robin added, putting the cigarette out on the merry go round they sat on. emmett wrapped his other pinky around robin's and kissed both of their thumbs, the ghost of a smile on his face before it quickly disappeared as he let go of their pinkys. "well, um. i saw the paperboy delivering papers" he said, which caused robin to look confused. "yeah. i think that's what he's supposed to do" he said, brows furrowed.

"shut up" emmett said, before continuing, "i mean, he looked pretty. like, very pretty" emmett said, playing with his fingers. "so you like guys?" finney tentatively asked. "i guess but i also saw this pretty girl at the grocery store and they both made me feel the same" he said, ignoring robin's smile. "so you like both guys and girls?" he asked, and emmett shook his head. "i guess? i mean i thought about it and i realized i don't care. i think i'd like anyone, like i wouldn't care about their gender" he said, watching as finney furrowed his brows in thought.

"that's why your dad got mad?" he asked, "i thought everyone felt that way. it's stupid" emmett scoffed, shaking his head as he picked at his fingernails. " it's not stupid" robin reassured him. "my dad thinks it is" he said, "fuck your dad. he doesn't know shit!" robin said, shaking his head angrily. "robin's right." finney added, sending emmett a smile. "it's unnatural" emmett said, shaking his head as he felt the pressure in the back of his eyes. "why am i like this?" he asked, voice cracking as he did so. the tears began to slip out of his eyes as robin pulled him in for a hug, rubbing his back and shushing him.

"it's not unnatural, okay? it's you." robin softly assured him as finney joined the hug. "you're still em and nothing is going to change that" finney mumbled as emmett sobbed harder. "if it makes you feel better, i like guys and girls" robin muttered, causing emmett to look up, sniffling. "really?" he asked, eyes wide. "hell yeah" robin smiled down at him before emmett looked at finney with a raised brow. "sorry to disappoint" finney mumbled, smiling as emmett laughed loudly. "come here" he said, pulling both of them into a hug and smiling as he did so. "you guys are the fucking best" he said. that was only the beginning, the beginning of meetings on the merry go round. the beginning of bruises and tear stained cheeks. the beginning of seeing eachother in a whole different light.

JUPITER SPEAKS!
i listened to why am i like this? by orla gartland when i wrote this lol
i kind of like this, also, i've seen sm  people say robin emits bi vibes and tbh i see it so i give u guys bi robin :)
(basically, almost everyone is fruity😝)