Life Changing Moment

I grabbed the phone and dialed the nurse that I had spoken to earlier. This was one of the most difficult and life changing moments of my life. I knew that from the moment I made that phone call our lives would change forever, either for the better or for the worse but the fact that it was going to be life changing was inevitable.

"This is nurse Montgomery. How can I help you?"

"It's me, Madisyn. We have decided to continue with the surgery."

"Oh that's great news. I will schedule his surgery as soon as possible."

"May I know when it will be scheduled for?"

"Give me a few minutes and I will let you know."

When I tell you those few minutes seemed like a lifetime. These were the moments that seemed to stay still. The moments that determine the fate of your future and the path of your life.

"Mrs. Connolly?"

"I'm here" I exclaimed.

"I was able to successfully schedule Jayden's surgery for April fifth. That's next week on a Tuesday."

"That sounds great. Thank you so much."

"The doctor wants to see him before his surgery so can you bring him in tomorrow afternoon?"

"I'll be there. Thank you once again."

"Mrs. Connolly, don't worry. Everything will be just fine. Your son is in great hands."

"I know but he's so young and the fact that we're going into the surgery without a match scares me."

"The doctor will go over all that with you tomorrow."

"We'll see you then."

Just as I was finishing the phone call the front doors of the house opened and Aileen came rushing in with the kids. I could immediately tell that they had a wonderful time. Both Jayden and Lilli were laughing and playing with Aileen. The love they both had for her was beyond words and not to mention that Aileen was great with kids. For someone who is annoyed as easily as her you'd think the last thing she would like would be kids but she truly was wonderful.

"Well well well, it seems that someone has some explaining to do" I exclaimed as they came into the house.

"Sorry, I should have told you we were going out but you were asleep and I didn't want to wake you up."

"It's okay hehe I was just messing around. Jake told me that you left with the kids. Did you guys have a good time?"

"Yes we did mom it was so much fun. We love having aunt Aileen here" shouted Lilli in excitement.

"And where did you guys go?"

"She took us to see the animals at the zoo".

"Oh wow that must have been exciting."

"Thank you so much Aileen for taking them" I continued.

"Of course. I had a wonderful time with them. Can I talk to you for a minute?"

"No problem. Lilli can you and Jay stay here with Jake?"

"I would rather go to my room if that's okay."

"Lilli!"

"No it's okay. You go ahead and go to your room. I'll stay with Jayden" exclaimed Jake.

"Thanks" said Lilli really fast before going into her room.

"Jake, I am so sorry. I really don't know what has gotten into her" I continued.

"It's okay, she's young and she doesn't understand. She'll come around."