Him, again

It's been a few days since I had my foot surgery. I still had pain when walking or being on my feet for too long but it wasn't anything I couldn't manage. The worst part was not being able to put on any cute shoes or heels. Instead I had to walk around with this ugly boot on on leg and my normal tennis shoes on the other. Oh and did I mention that the boot was about ten inches thick so I wobbled like a penguin when I walked. At least my son got a kick out of it because he laughed the minute he saw me.

I'm sure Jake felt like he was working at a hospital between having to take care of Jayden and I. Thankfully, Jayden has been feeling much better and he only takes his pain medication occasionally. However I on the other hand felt like I was going to die the first few days. Dramatic as hell right? My son was here taking his pain like a champion after having heart surgery and I was acting like the biggest baby with my foot surgery. What a shame!

"Mom?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"How long do I have to wait to see my doctor again?"

"What do you mean? We just got back from your doctor. You don't have to go..."

"No, I mean my other doctor."

"You mean Dr. Kollman?"

"Yes mom. You promised you would take me to see him again."

"Well we can ask your dad and he can take you to see him if you'd like."

"No. I want you to go with me."

"But honey my foot..."

"Mommm please, you promised."

"Okay fine. We'll go see him. He should be at the hospital tomorrow. He said he was there every Tuesday and Wednesday."

"Today is Tuesday, can we go now??"

"Can't you wait until tomorrow?"

"I want to go now. Please!"

"Okay we'll go. Let's tell your dad and get dressed and we can go."

"Daddddd!"

I didn't mean like that but that's one way to get his attention. I couldn't believe that Jayden actually remembered that I said we could go see him again. I was sure that he would have forgotten. Thankfully, it was my left foot that was hurt so I would be able to drive. Jake had some errands to run and take care of work meetings. Jayden and I might as well take that time to go and see Dr. Kollman.

"What's up son?"

"Mom and I want to go see Dr. Kollman..."

"No, no. Jayden wants to go see Dr. Kollman" I exclaimed.

"But son your mom's foot is hurting."

"Dad please. Mom already said she would take me."

Jake looked at me and I nodded my head in agreement. Oh come on, what was I supposed to do? The kids been through enough. I wasn't going to make him upset. Plus, I did promise him that I would take him whenever he wanted.

"Okay. I'll take care of things that I need to get done while you guys are out that way we can spend time together when you and mom get back."

"Yayyy thank you dad."

"You're welcome."

"Now go to your room and find out what you're going to wear."

"Madi, can I speak to you?"

I stay behind as Jay rushes to his room to find his clothes. I don't remember the last time I've seen him that excited about something. I knew Jake was going to tell me not to go and to convince Jay to stay home. One because he was worried about me driving now and mostly because he was jealous.