fifteen.

I've seen many cute things before. Having a younger brother, being friends with a famous boyband, and not to mention having a really cute dog that I shared custody of with my ex. But nothing could beat the sight in front of me. Ashton Irwin standing in the middle of the street with a giant teddy bear, that was somehow bigger than he was.

I giggled at him, as I watched him walk down the street. He had a serious expression on his face, which made it pure gold. He'd walk with a confident strut, and I walked by his side, laughing really hard. Soon, even he couldn't hold it together, and we both held our stomachs and laughed. I hadn't laughed like this in ages, and I really appreciated it.

"The sun's setting. Let's go to the Ferris wheel," Ashton suggested. His long hair flowed in the wind, sometimes flying over his face.

I stared at him in shock. For the past two hours, I had been begging him to take me to the London Eye. He said he wanted to wait for the perfect time, and I hoped that my constant begging would change his mind. However, he kept his ground, and I admired him for that.

Unfortunately, the line was extremely long. Ashton told me not to worry, since he had something planned. What the fuck is going on?

We managed to get in the front of the line, much to the dismay of a bunch of five-year olds and their disgruntled parents. Ashton gave a sly smile to the man in the front. I raised my eyebrow in confusion, clutching Ashton's arm for assurance that everything will be fine. I felt like something was changing, something big.

On our way into the cart, I saw people take pictures. But I didn't care. To hell with Harry's promise. This was my life, and I was fully prepared for whatever the future had planned for me- Harry-free.

"After you," Ashton said, holding out his arm. I smiled wide, and graciously accepted his offer.

Walking in, my vision was welcomed with a table set for two. The lights are dimmed somehow, and a single candle was placed on the table. Rich people.

"Things didn't really go well the first time, so I thought we could redo our... date," Ashton explained, gently pulling the chair out of the table.

I sat down, and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. Ashton was soon seated, too. "Bella, I have to tell you something."

"Yeah?"

"A few weeks ago, well days actually- God, it felt like forever. A few days ago, you were in the car with the boys. I mean, the One Direction boys," Ashton started.

I scratched my head, wondering which scenario he was talking about. "It's a little fuzzy."

"Well, on the radio- this is really hard, trust me," he said, and then sighed. "Maybe I should just- Heartbreak Girl, by 5 Seconds of Summer. The love of my life is dating someone, and he's not right for her," he recounted.

My mouth fell open in shock. My mind instantly clicked, and memories flooded from that day. "It was... you."

"Yeah. And I was talking about you," he said, looking at the ground.

"I- uh, wow," was all I managed to sputter out.

"Do you... have anything to say?" Ashton asked. He looked hopeful, his eyes wide and his posture tense.

"It explains a lot," I said, but I cursed at myself. There was so much more I wanted to say to him.

"That's all? Well let me tell you this, Bella," Ashton started to say.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of a guitar playing. I looked around, but all I saw were some speakers set up in the corners of the room.

You call me up, it's like a broken record, saying that your heart hurts. That you never get over him getting over you. And you end up crying, and I end up lying, 'cause I'm just a sucker for anything that you do.

"Bella, the times you called me hurt like hell. You didn't deserve what you were put through. Everything with Max, Harry, your parents, Allison. I wanted to take away all your pain. But I couldn't because you loved him so much, and you probably still do. I can't take it anymore more. I love you. I used to think it was just a crush but now it's so much more than that. Love me, Bella. Choose me."

And when the phone call finally ends, you say, "thanks for being a friend," and we're going in circles again and again.

"Ashton, I know I've said some stuff to you before, and I just want you to know that whatever I said still makes no sense to me," I said, causing him to chuckle.

"I thought you were gonna say something else," Ashton admitted, blushing.

I dedicate this song to you, the one who never sees the truth, that I can take away your hurt, heartbreak girl.

"Why me, Ash? Why did all of this have to happen to me?"

"I don't know, but I should be the one to fix it," he promised.

Hold you tight straight through the day light,
I'm right here. When are you gonna realize that I'm your cure, heartbreak girl?

"He's just so... difficult," I confessed. "Even when we aren't together, he manages to control most of my decisions."

"He shouldn't even have been doing that when you were together, Bella," Ashton said.

I bite my tongue but I wanna scream out, you could be with me now. But I end up telling you what you wanna hear. But you're not ready and it's so frustrating. He treats you so bad and I'm so good to you it's not fair.

"I don't think I'll ever be ready, Ashton. He meant so much to me," I said, fully aware of the consequences.

"I understand that," he said, resting a hand on my thigh. It felt comforting.

And when the phone call finally ends, you say, "I'll call you tomorrow at 10," and I'm stuck in the friend zone again and again.

"I really want to try us, but it'll be hard," I said.

"There's no rush, Bella. I'll be here, waiting for you," Ashton assured.

I know someday it's gonna happen, and you'll finally forget the day you met him. Sometimes you're so close to your confession. I gotta get it through your head, that you belong with me instead.

"Ashton, I want to try us," I repeated, this time with more confidence.

"Be mine," Ashton begged. His eyes sparkled, and at that moment, I realized that we somehow managed to get to the top. How? It takes forever to get to the top. Had we really been up here for that long? Again, rich people.

"Yeah. Yes, Ash. I will," I said.

Ashton grinned. He stood up and walked over to me. Our noses were centimeters apart. He pressed his lips against mine, and they molded perfectly. "I love you," he whispered.

"I love you, too," I said to him. And I had no regrets.

A/N:
aaaaarggghhh i don't think i like the way i wrote this. anyway, this was what i had planned all along for this. i hope you like it!

also, I've only been on the London eye once. I doubt there's a carnival every year. I doubt it works like that bc I was 8. this is purely a work of fiction, so please don't criticize when it comes to that.

ASHELLA IS TOGETHER FINALLY!!!

soooo thoughts on what will happen??

QOTD-
who is your favorite character?

also, ask me any questions, about this story or not!! and btw, sorry for the late update. i am trying to get back on schedule.

thanks!

~midnightxmemoriesx