thirteen.

"Bella, please tell me where we're going," Audrey begged. I tapped my fingers on the steering wheel, impatiently.

"Audrey, I swear to God if you don't stop, I'll rip your head off," I threatened.

"Maybe if you give me a small hint, I'll stop," Audrey complained under her breath.

"We're going to fix shit," I said, bluntly.

Audrey raised her eyebrows. "I'm not involved, am I?"

"No. You're just some moral support," I promised. Truth is, I didn't want to do this alone. A heavy weight was forming on my heart, and there was a very big part of me that was willing to turn back. But there was too much on the line for this.

I pulled up in front of the complex, and was easily able to find parking. Audrey looked at the building, and her eyes widened. "Bella, what are we doing here?"

"To fix shit," I repeated.

"I'm not leaving this car until you tell me what you're doing." Audrey crossed her arms, and her back hit the seat with force.

"Audrey, you have to trust me," I said, softer.

"You're lucky I love you," she mumbled under her breath. She unwillingly unbuckled herself, and pushed the car door open. I clasped my hands together with delight, and she rolled her eyes.

We walked through the lobby and reached the lift. It took me a really long time to realize that I was holding my breath. I pressed the button for the right floor (I hope), and tapped my foot nervously. I studied my reflection in the mirror, and tried to point out differences in my appearance.

I had dark circles under my eyes, and my hair was quite straight, like it lost it's life. My skin tone was paler, and to be honest I looked like a ghost. Not even remotely attractive.

The lift door opened, and I flinched at the ding. Real shit was about to go down. I was sure of it.

I walked down the hall slowly, with Audrey at my heels. Judging by her stomps, she was still angry with me. I reached the door of my destination, and my finger spent some time lingering in the air before I forced myself to push the button. I could hear the doorbell ring faintly from outside, and loud footsteps approached the door.

To my dismay, it was Michael who answered the door. "Hey Bella! And you're Audrey, right?"

Audrey shyly nodded. I sometimes forget that Audrey was more reserved around strangers.

"So, how can I help you?" Michael asked, and I almost started laughing at his tone. He raised and eyebrow, and I quickly shook my head.

"Is Ashton home?" I asked, slightly getting on my tippy-toes so I can see over him.

Michael smiled wide and wiggled his eyebrows. "He's in his room," he answered. "You can go get down and dirty with him, and I'll stay with this beautiful lady," Michael said.

Audrey blushed and I rolled my eyes. I took a deep breath and started walking down the hall to Ashton's bedroom. I could hear shuffling on the other side of the room, so I know it was occupied. I softly knocked on the door.

"Luke, for the last time. I did not steal your phone. Just look under your bed, it's always there," Ashton yelled back.

I suppressed a laugh, and opened the door slightly. "It's me, actually."

Ashton was lying on his bed with a guitar in hand. There was a pen between his teeth and a notebook carelessly on the sheets. "Oh hey, Bella." His attention was quickly diverted to me, and he smiled, revealing his deep dimples. "It's nice to see you out and about."

"Yeah," I said, softly. I looked down at the wood floor, without making eye contact.

"What's wrong?" Ashton asked, warily.

"Nothing," I replied easily, not lifting my gaze.

"Okay...," he said. "So listen, there's a carnival in the middle of London. They have it every year but I've never been. Would you like to accompany me? We could go on rides, win stuff it'll be-"

"Ashton," I interrupted. "This has gotta stop."

"What are you talking about?"

"I'm talking about you. This. Us," I clarified.

Ashton tilted his head in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Look, you're great and stuff. But I don't think we should be friends anymore. There's already so much going on, and it'll get people talking, and I doubt you want that, so," I said, all in one breath.

Ashton quietly stared at me. "I don't care about what other people think, Bella."

My head snapped up, and I glared at him. "Well, I do."

"I thought you were better than that," Ashton said, looking directly into my eyes.

"I'm sorry," I said. My voice cracked, and I mentally cursed at myself.

Ashton stared at me for what seemed like an eternity. His eyes widened with realization. "He told you to do this, didn't he?"

My silence was confirmation.

Ashton laughed, bitterly. "Of course. Go ahead, Bella. Leave. I'm not worth your time, anyway."

I opened my mouth to speak, and then immediately shut it. Ashton looked at me expectantly, with an angry glint in his eyes.

I turned on my heels, and speed-walked out of the room. I shut the door, and rested my head against the wooden frame. I heard a crash from the other side, and sighed heavily. Ashton yelled in annoyance, and I flinched. I took the opportunity to walk away quickly.

This will all be worth it, when Harry and I become friends again.

Or will it?

A/N:
don't hate on harry or bella please. bella's blinded by love and harry's motives will be revealed later on (much later on... sorry)

i'm really excited for this plot to develop, so i'd appreciate if you'd leave your thoughts! i want this to be the best it could be!!

question of the day-
what do you want to happen, or what do you think will happen? plz answer, im curious

vote. comment. follow. spread the word.

thanks for all your support!

~midnightxmemoriesx