twenty-one.

I decided last minute to visit Jordan just a few hours before the flight. I was seriously debating it, due to his hesitance to contact me in any way recently. I was just so caught up in everything, like packing, Ashton, and figuring out how to resign (which I still haven't done) before I could even think about my family problems.

What I was not expecting, however, was for Alli, Louis, Harry, and Scarlett to be at my former apartment as well. They were all seated on the couch, Alli deep in conversation with Scarlett, and the three boys chatting as well.

"Jordan?" I called, quietly. His head shot up, our eyes meeting. He suddenly dropped his gaze, eyeing the floor guiltily. I wouldn't blame him; my heart felt the betrayal more than anything.

"What are you doing here?" He asked, his voice rising. "You didn't call."

"I didn't think I needed to call in my own home," I said, with an eyebrow raised. Alli had her head turned in the other direction, Louis was watching the conversation warily, and Harry hung his head low. Scarlett, on the other hand, didn't seem to notice the tension in the room, and had a wide smile on her face.

"It's not your home anymore," Alli said, suddenly. "It hasn't been, ever since you cheated on Harry." Her words stung. It was hard to believe she was my best friend.

I was about to argue, but I bit my tongue. It seemed like I was admitting defeat, but I knew that nobody in that room, including Jordan, had my best wishes at heart.

"Yeah, I just came to talk to Jordan. But I understand that you guys don't want me here. I'll just go," I said. And never show my face again.

I caught Louis roll his eyes, and Jordan stared at me sympathetically. Alli scoffed, and the next thing that happened was the most unexpected.

"Can you guys just stop?" Harry yelled out. I took a step back, but his outburst was just getting started. "It's over now, okay? It's all over. She's leaving, we're never going to see her again. I know you think that's not true, but it is! After all this, do you really think she's going to want to see us again? And I don't know about you, but to me, it sucks. We may not be together, but she was my first love. Yeah, I have a girlfriend now, and she's moved on, but it doesn't matter! I'm going to miss her like hell, and I know it. But she's happy she's leaving us because we've been done nothing but give her shit!"

There was complete silence after that. Until, we heard an applause. Scarlett was on her feet clapping for Harry, oblivious to the fact that Harry admitted to missing his ex-girlfriend.

"Um, thanks," I said, unsure of how to continue. I would miss him too. I mean, we were dating for a really long time.

He walked over reluctantly, and pulled me in a hug. "Have fun in Sydney. I hope you'll love it as much as you loved London," he said. It seemed like the sentence had a deeper meaning than that, but I wasn't one to dig that far.

When he pulled away, I took the opportunity to say goodbye for the last time. "Erm, bye. Jordan, I really wanted to spend some more time with you, but I guess we could talk on the phone or something. I'm running late." That was a total lie. Ashton wasn't expecting me for another half hour. But I guess I could figure something out.

"Bye Bella," Jordan said quietly. Everyone else was silent, except Scarlett. She waved enthusiastically, making it impossible to hate her.

Without another word, I rushed outside. Mum was probably at work, Dad hours away in Doncaster. Audrey was in some other country, last I checked. I realized I was alone, all alone. Despite the previous encounter, I realized that Harry had made sure my own cousin was against me. Jordan had never given me such a cold shoulder before, but I decided against thinking too much about it.

Harry's attitude surprised me. His eyes were filled with sadness, his smile was one of regret. It made my heart pound, but I instantly remembered the look on his face that day we had the fight. I remembered Ashton's black eye. I remembered the way he threatened losing him for Ashton. I remembered that he fell in love with someone else faster than I could comprehend. And after that, the feeling went away. I pushed Harry out of my mind. I was starting a new life. With...

Ashton. He was sitting in my car. What the hell? What was he doing in my car? 

I opened the passenger seat, and pushed myself into the car. "Nice to see you," I said, with a smile on my face.

"I thought I'd wait for you, and we could go straight after. Dave had our luggage sent," Ashton said, speaking of the bodyguard, whom I have come to know these past few weeks.

"Oh, great," I said, indifferently. I was glad Ashton was there. It made me feel a whole lot less confused.

"Why are you early?" Ashton asked, as expected. Not like he was itching to know or anything, but he was just curious. I understood.

"Oh, Jordan had guests over. He was quite preoccupied," I said, nonchalantly.

"He's always welcome to visit," Ashton reminded.

I just mumbled in agreement.

A/N:
Hi guys. I am very slow in between updates recently. But I am trying my hardest. I love that people are reading and enjoying my stories.

SHES KINDA HOT>>> LIFE

Anyway, I will try an update this week-- but no promises.

AHHH HARRY I LOVE YOU OMG THAT WAS AMAZING!! This chapter just sort of happened, lol. I didn't expect that. (HE IS NOT FORGIVEN. AT ALL. THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO BE ANY FORM OF FORESHADOWING. ITS JUST SOME SORT OF CHARACTER CHANGE IN HIM)

Okay, if you love Ashton and 5sos READ MY NEW STORY, Defeating The Odds. It's pretty good so far. (I think)

And check out Those Three Little Words. I love that story.

INSTAGRAM- wildestdreamsinnyc_

Tumblr- xsmilinglikeacheshirecatx

No QOTD today bc no one really answers them and I just don't feel like it.

Thanks for reading.

~ midnightxmemoriesx