Hwanwoong

The sun was gently kissing Hwanwoong's skin, the trees of a familiar forest all around him. The echo of his laugh was filling the air, his lungs trying to catch up with how fast he was running, trying not to be chased by someone. He turned to look at him: Ravn was right behind him, a big smile on his face, wearing nothing but a pair of brown trousers and a loosened up white medieval shirt which deliciously exposed the skin of his chest in a 'v' neck cut as he was running too, barefoot on the grass, ready to catch his lover. "Hwanwoong!" He called his name, his voice sounded so sweet, so tender.

When Hwanwoong opened his eyes, silent tears streamed down his face. Once again, his dream had felt so real and so beautiful. The warm feeling in his heart soon turned into emptiness and long to see that person who, for some unknown reasons, had just borrowed the face of the senior who was singing at the Music Club the previous day. Dreams are usually just made up by our minds over things we see while we are awake so, it was understandable in his opinion, but the interesting fact was that for Hwanwoong it was the first time. The very first time he had managed to see the other's face so clearly he almost didn't want to open his eyes. Hwanwoong had never really questioned his sexuality because, as far as he remembered, no one – boy or girl or anyone – had ever made him feel as happy and in love as that Hwanwoong felt in his dreams with the knight who went by the name of Ravn.

He looked at his phone: it was five in the morning. He sighed, knowing there was no way he would have been able to go back to sleep, especially because that was the day they would have had their first scheduled meeting with the members of the Music Club. A week had passed since one of the most embarrassing moments in his life and he didn't think he was ready to face anyone from the Music Club again but he had been selected so, unfortunately for him, there was no looking back from that point on. Mr. Jung said he had chosen the top five students and Hwanwoong was one of them: he couldn't let him down declining this incredible opportunity and he couldn't let himself down either. He sighed as he finally got up and headed to the kitchen to have an early breakfast.

***

They had agreed to meet at the Music Club after the dancers had had their practice at the Dance Club. There was definitely enough room for ten people in the former and it was the most comfortable solution instead of bringing musical instruments back and forth in between the hallways. The top five dancers were already waiting there for the musicians: San and Dongju were chatting about how much they loved their favorite stuffed dolls – an unexpected common ground apparently – while Keonhee and Hyunjin were eagerly sharing their opinions on a book they had recently read and Hwanwoong was quietly stretching on the ground to relax his legs after dancing hard.

"Woah! You are all here already? Hello everyone!" A cheerful boy entered the room and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at the group of the top five students from the Music Club.

The guy who had talked slightly looked like a quokka in Keonhee's eyes and that made him look very cute and friendly. He was accompanied by a shorter magenta haired guy whose haircut looked like a half coconut piece placed on his head, along with the same annoying black haired boy Keonhee remembered too well, the kind turquoise haired boy Dongju couldn't stop thinking about and lastly – diligently closing the door behind him – there was the mysterious senior whose performance at the Music Club everyone remembered. Hwanwoong tried to stay still and focused on his legs splitting in a perfect 180° angle in the attempt of avoiding anyone's eyes, afraid he might have lost his conscience in front of them one more time, but the thought of that senior student being in front of him again, made him instinctively look up meeting right his eyes as if he had been looking at him already.

For the very first time, Youngjo's eyes found Hwanwoong's for a brief moment and his breath got unexpectedly stuck in his throat, his heart felt like someone was squeezing it while a loud ring filled his ears making him bring a hand on his right temple as he turned to face the door: memories of the previous night sweet dream's filled his head and he suddenly realized the pink haired dancer had been there too, smiling widely and running ahead of him in the woods.