Meetings

Youngjo woke up in the middle of the night at the sound of someone knocking lightly on the door of his room. He quickly slipped out of his silky sheets and he rushed towards the entrance holding the oil lamp usually resting on his nightstand to light the way. He tapped on the wooden surface once, then twice, then once again. On the other side, someone replied by knocking twice and then once. Youngjo smiled: it was him. He opened the door revealing the figure of a royal knight in his armor, returning from his night guard turn.

"My apologies, my love. I fell asleep while I was waiting..." Youngjo timidly confessed in a whisper.

Hwanwoong removed his helmet and placed it on the nearest table: "I'm the one who should be apologizing then, Your Majesty-" He bowed respectfully to the other.

"Hwanwoong." The prince interrupted him while he was lightening up another oil lamp. "I already told you..." He moved in front of the other placing a hand where his armor was protecting his chest. "You can call me by my name when it's just the two of us." He added, letting his fingers fumble with the knight's chain mail to remove the hard components on his chest and back.

Hwanwoong pulled out his gloves and his arms protections before gently placing a hand on the other's cheek. They stood still for a moment, looking at each other like that. Youngjo didn't miss a detail of his lover's face despite the dim lights: Hwanwoong's eyes looked tired and puffy, his lips were dry as if he hadn't drunk a single drop of water for hours, his forehead was covered in a thin layer of sweat for wearing his helmet all day long, the tiniest scratch was violating the edge of his marvelous nose. The prince silently helped the other undress as he did every night when they secretly met like that in one of his chambers until the knight was nothing but a young man dressed in a white shirt, too long for his modest eight, so much the linen border touched his thick thighs halfway. In that room, finally, there were just Hwanwoong and Youngjo who stepped away just to grab a sponge soaked in warm rose-scented water he wanted to use to clean the other's face.

"Y-You don't have to-" Hwanwoong tried to protest before the prince placed the sponge on his lips to shut him up.

"It's a pleasure for me, my love." The prince whispered while gently pushing the other until he was leaning on the edge of his table. "Now please, stay still."

How could the knight ever reply to that? He closed his eyes to enjoy how patiently and meticulously the prince of the entire Kingdom of Roses was cleaning his face, the face of a simple knight of his. By the time Youngjo was satisfied with his work, Hwanwoong was almost sleeping while standing. The prince laughed lightheartedly as he kissed the tip of the other's nose, then his right cheek, then his left cheek, then he placed a chaste kiss on his lips.

Hwanwoong smiled, finally opening his big eyes: "Thank you, Youngjo. How was your day?"

His lover's question suddenly reminded the prince about his tough day, spent in between sword practice, studying, having meetings with the highest members of the court and arguing with the king, his father as icing on the cake. "Tough." He simply said, sighing. "How was yours, my love?"

Hwanwoong gave him a look. He didn't like when the other didn't tell him everything in details but he let it slide just because of how sore he looked. "We reached the border today..." Hwanwoong started as the prince gave him another kiss on the corner of his lips. "...To check where was the smoke we noticed the other day coming from..." Youngjo kissed his jaw, then his chin. "...We found a couple of..." The prince placed a hand around his hips while caressing the back of his hair with the other. "...Traces. We thought we got a lead but..." Hwanwoong couldn't help the sigh that escaped his mouth when his lover slowly pulled his hair to tilt his head to the side and give himself a better access to his throat. "...In the end they were..." Youngjo started drawing an invisible path of wet kisses from the knight's right ear to the base of his neck as his other hand dared to travel behind Hwanwoong to rest on the curves of his ass. "...They were just... Youngjo." The prince name came out as if he were begging the other to do something.