A Wish Upon The Moon

That's it, I'm so nervous!! This is the most important chapter for our Rawoong and I really hope you will like it because these are one of the scenes I was so emotional about as I was writing it myself, these characters are so dear to me and I really hope you will enjoy this. We're two chapters away from the end, I can't believe it!

***

The rain was falling down violently on Youngjo, wetting his hair and silently caressing the surface of his silver armor and red cloak soaked in water, dirt, and blood. He looked straight in front of him, drawing his sword at their opponents whose flag with the symbol of a pure daisy was shaking violently because of the strong wind blowing. A cry of incitement broke from his lips as he launched himself along with his soldiers on the battlefield. The fight began: the sound of swords clashing with shields, blood splashing all over, screams of pain and death wishes, filled Youngjo's ears.

Someone suddenly pushed him with the hilt of his sword and he stumbled forward on his knees. His eyes grew wide in shock when he recognized the face of his most trusted knight behind the helmet of the one wearing the armor of the Kingdom of Daisies in front of him. "H-Hwan-" He started saying before his good reflexes allowed him to dodge another one of the other's attacks. He stood on his feet, using his sword to defend himself again. "Hwanwoong!! What are you doing?" The other attacked him again and he defended himself again.

"Do you want to win this war or not, Ravn?" Hwanwoong finally spoke, moving his sword against him again. Youngjo hadn't heard the other address him that way since the day they had first met at the sword tournament. 'Ravn' was an ancient way of writing the word 'raven' and the people of his kingdom had started using the nickname from the very first time the prince had won the sword tournament of the Kingdom of Roses at the age of eighteen, the youngest participant who had achieved such record. The prince who had always had raven hair and who had taken part in the competition looking like a raven in his completely black armor – a gift from the armorers of the court for the occasion – had stood out in every way possible in the eyes of the public in addition to his remarkable skills so, the nickname had soon become the way everyone would have called him as soon as he held a sword. "Stop defending yourself and fight back!!"

Youngjo couldn't believe his eyes when he noticed the emblem decorating the surface of Hwanwoong's armor belonged to the Kingdom of Daisies royal family: a sign only the king or the prince would have worn for a battle. "Y-You're the prince?" He asked in utter disbelief as he failed to miss the other's sword that hit the side of his shoulder so hard Youngjo heard it resonate in his helmet, leaving a ring in his ears right after.

"I'm Yeo Hwanwoong, the only crown prince of the Kingdom of Daisies." He suddenly bowed politely as everyone around them weren't battling and screaming in pain. "Nice to meet you, Your Majesty." He added right before showing the other he was ready to attack again.

Youngjo was so taken aback he neutralized the other's attack only because his body had moved out of habit. He defended himself again when the youngest used his sword to try and hit his arm. Then, he did the same when he tried to hurt his legs and once again when the other aimed at his hips.

"What are you doing?" Hwanwoong asked, quite impatiently waving his sword again.

The prince of Roses seemed to always manage to defend himself again and again and again. They had trained together for a long time after all: he knew all Hwanwoong's mental schemes, where he usually aimed, the body parts he tended to hit first. The youngest would attack and Youngjo would always defend himself without counterattacking, not even once.

Hwanwoong sighed in frustration: "Fight me back!! Do you want to defend you kingdom or not?"

Youngjo opened his arms as if he were waiting for the other to hug him: "I won't fight you, my love."