Common Grounds

Seoho woke up when a nasty ray of sunshine peeked through the windows near him. He slowly opened his eyes, becoming aware that he wasn't in his own room right before the pain coming from the bruise Byeongho had left on his cheek made him hiss.

Someone moved beside him and that was the moment he noticed Keonhee who was sleeping on the left side of the junior's bed holding his pinky finger with his whole big hand. Seoho struggled to smile because of his hurt cheek although he sort of did at the sight. "Bunny..." His voice came out hoarse and weak but it was enough to awake the other who carefully lifted himself up opening his eyes.

"Hyung..." A yawn cut whatever he was about to say as he rubbed one of his eyes with his free hand. "You're awake..." He gave Seoho the most endearing and sleepy smile.

"I am... Can you bring me a glass of water, Keonhee-ah?" The blond sweetly asked.

As soon as Keonhee heard his name coming from the other's lips, he felt incredibly aware of the fact they were holding hands and that he was supposed to keep an eye on him but he had fallen asleep instead. "I-I'm sorry!" He immediately stood up to bring the other what he had asked for. Seoho tried to lift himself up but his ribs begged him to stay down so Keonhee thoughtfully helped him out, slightly lifting his head up and accompanying the glass to his lips.

"Thank you." Seoho wholeheartedly said when the glass was empty.

Keonhee looked tired as he took a sit back on his chair: "How are you feeling?" Seoho was about to speak when a lamp lit up on the other's head. "Ah! Right, you're awake! I need to call the nurse!" He said out loud as he clicked on the designated button right beside Seoho's bed.

"I'm good, don't worry Keonhee-ah. You should go get some sleep back at your place-"

"No." The youngest gave him a look. "I'm not leaving you here. Not after what happened yesterday."

"It's okay, really-"

"No, hyung! It's not okay at all! Who was that completely insane boy?"

Seoho smiled at his best to him and he looked out of the window.

"Hyung. If you don't talk to me I swear I'm going to punch you on the other side of your face." Keonhee warned, his fist hanging in the air while his voice betrayed how worried he was.

"Okay, okay!" The blond lifted up his arms in defeat. "His name is Byeongho. He plays basketball with me." Keonhee's eyes were focused on him, he had to go on. "He's a senior and he used to be our team captain until the beginning of this year when I was elected by our teammates to take over his place despite I'm younger than him. Let's just say he didn't take it so well..."

"Now, that sounds like a great excuse to bully you and beat the crap out of you! Really, what is his problem? Is he a university student or a six years old kid?" Keonhee pointed out with sharp sarcasm.

"I can understand it mustn't have been easy for him but I thought he would have stopped eventually. I was thinking about giving him his role back anyway."

The youngest stood up, unable to contain his frustration: "You can't just give it to him so easily! He tried to hurt you for real yesterday and who knows how often he already did until then! I'm sure if the other members choose you, it means you make a great captain and I've seen it too!"

Seoho's eyes looked bigger in surprise for the first time: "Did you just say that I'm a good captain?"

Keonhee sat down, trying to calm himself: "That's not the point! This is not fair! You need to do something about this!"

"He's the principal's son, Keonhee-ah. I think it's better to leave things as they are..."

Anger built up in Keonhee. He really couldn't stand the other seemed so careless about his wellbeing while he grew more worried as minutes passed. Why was he ever worried about him anyway? It was always like this with Seoho: he existed to confuse him. He stood up again. "I hate you!"