Chapter 6. change of demeanour

A/N:

If you made it this far, there's a reward in this chapter. There's finally some smut in here...

We might talk about eating disorders but nothing too bad. It's just our character making a poor choice at a given time.

And forgive me because I don't know anything about the TV industry and I'm about to make some shit up so the story makes some sense.

Enjoy,

As he promised, he got you a job in the First Order Streaming Services. It wasn't your dream job, but you were happy to have one.

You were a writer's assistant and worked in a whole different department from Vicrul's. You were under Hux's orders. He was the manager of upcoming shows, which meant your department came up with new ideas and wrote pilots for the series or films and if they got the green light it'd go to your brother's department which was the development of the projects.

You weren't surprised when on your first day in the office you found 'your' phone on your designated desk with a post-it on top that read 'I think you might need this, K.R'.

Your department was amazing. Not only the building was breath-taking, full of door-to-ceiling windows with a view that could be used as a lock-screen image, but it also was full of nice people.

Your first duty as a writer's assistant was to make Hux coffee... Cliché, but you weren't going to complain. At least not yet.

'Black, double sugar'. You repeated it on and on in your head in order not to mess up Hux's morning beverage. You were stirring the black liquid in a mug when you heard a voice chirping behind you.

"Hi! You must be the new girl" you looked back to the brunette girl who had a welcoming smile on her face.

"I am, indeed" you said smiling back at her.

"I'm Rey" she said while hands-on making her own coffee. You said your name while heading to the door. You didn't want your first assignment to grow cold.

"I guess, I'll see you around?" You asked hopeful, you'd love someone who could give you a hand in this new environment.

"Sure! See you at lunch? I can introduce you to some of the guys" to which you nodded accepting her offer.

You realized later on that you mostly worked with Rey, to whom you warmed up to quickly. She was a great friend and you could joke around. She was the one in charge of editing the scripts and making sure there weren't any typos.

You, on the other hand, were given a short introduction of what the show could be like and then you had to develop different ideas regarding what the format would be.

That same day Rey did as she promised and took you to lunch and introduced you to Ushar and Cardo, they seemed nice. Cardo was a bit quiet but he laugh when someone told a joke and you could tell Ushar was a goofy guy and would probably get one of you in trouble.

You weren't sure how it feel about the fact that since that Kylo got you your position, he never contacted you again.

'Friends'

He referred to you as 'friends'. And your mind kept running that moment over and over again.

Why did he try to kiss you then?

'Because he was drunk' you said to yourself. Thankful to have pushed him away before you got carried away.