Chapter 21. cherish

As the days passed by, Kylo and you continued to enjoy your European adventure. You visited many beautiful places, tasted delicious food, and made wonderful memories together. However, there was one thing that was constantly on your mind, the gender of your baby.

You had both decided to find out the gender during your trip, and Kylo had arranged for an appointment with a doctor in Paris. As you sat in the clinic's waiting room, you felt a mixture of excitement and nervousness. You couldn't wait to find out the gender of your baby, but at the same time, you were worried about the health of your little one.

"Ms Ren?" The receptionist announced your name pointing out that the doctor was ready for you. Kylo took your hand in his and moved his thumb on your skin soothingly. Once you entered the room, you both listened carefully to the doctor's instructions. You lay down on the examination table, and Kylo stood by your side, holding your hand tightly. You could see it in his eyes, he was scared, but you could see excitement through them too.

As the doctor began the examination, you could feel your heart racing. You closed your eyes and took a deep breath, trying to stay calm. Kylo squeezed your hand reassuringly, and you opened your eyes to look at him.

"You're doing great, my love," he said, giving you a tender smile.

The doctor continued with the examination, measuring your baby's growth and checking for any abnormalities. Thankfully, everything looked fine. Finally, the moment of truth arrived, and the doctor turned to you and Kylo.

"Well, the good news is that your baby is healthy," the doctor said with a smile. "And I can tell you the gender if you're ready."

Kylo and you both nodded eagerly, and the doctor took a deep breath.

"You're having a baby girl," the doctor announced.

Kylo's eyes lit up with joy, and he let out a happy laugh as you looked at each other in disbelief, tears of joy streamed down your face. You were going to have a daughter, and you couldn't have been happier.

As we left the doctor's office to give you a moment of privacy, Kylo turned to you and pulled you into a tight embrace. "I can't wait to meet her," he said, his voice filled with emotion.

"A girl," he repeated, his voice filled with happiness.

As you both left the doctor's office, you felt a sense of elation. You and Kylo were going to be parents to a beautiful little girl.

However, your joy was short-lived. As you were walking back to your hotel, you noticed a group of paparazzi following you. You tried to ignore them and kept walking, but they persisted, shouting questions and taking pictures.

"Kylo, is it true that you're having a baby with your girlfriend?" one of them shouted.

Kylo put his arm around you protectively, trying to shield you from the cameras.

The paparazzi continued to hound you, and you could feel your anxiety levels rising. Kylo tried his best to keep them at bay, but they were relentless.

Finally, you both managed to reach the safety of your hotel, and you collapsed on the couch, feeling drained.

The next few months passed by in a blur of doctor's appointments, nursery shopping, and baby showers. You were both busy with work, but we always made time for each other and your growing family.

But as the due date drew nearer, things started to get complicated. Kylo was under a lot of pressure at work, and he had to go out of town for a few days to attend an important conference.

You tried to be understanding, but I couldn't help feeling a little bit hurt that he wouldn't be there for the last few days before the birth of our daughter. You were terrified of him not being able to be by your side when the time came.

But Kylo promised you that he would be back in time, and he made sure that his assistant was on standby in case anything went wrong.

The day finally came, and you went into labour in the middle of the night. You called Kylo multiple times as Vicrul drove you to the hospital, but he didn't answer. You tried not to panic, but you couldn't help feeling a little bit scared and alone.

You called his assistant while you were waiting in the hospital bed demanding to bring Kylo to you. Your brother held your hand and talked you through the contractions, and you felt a sense of relief knowing that someone was there for you.

But as the hours passed, Kylo still hadn't arrived. You tried calling him again, but his phone was off. You couldn't help feeling abandoned and betrayed, and you started to wonder if he would ever come back. You had multiple breakdowns that Finn and Vic handled the best they could.

It was time for your baby girl to come when finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Kylo burst into the room, looking tired but relieved. He rushed over to you and took your hand, his eyes filled with tears.

"I'm so sorry," he said, his voice cracking. "There was a storm, and my flight got delayed. I tried to get here as fast as I could."

I looked at him, feeling a mixture of relief and anger. "You almost missed the birth of our daughter," I said, my voice shaking.

Kylo looked at me, his eyes filled with regret. "I know," he said softly. "I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you, I promise. I'm here now"

You nodded, feeling too tired and overwhelmed to argue. Kylo stayed by your side for the rest of the birth, holding your hand and whispering words of love and reassurance.

After an awful amount of excruciating pain, you were holding your tiny daughter in your arms.

"Hi baby girl" you whispered at the tiny face as she lay on your bare chest. "Mommy loves you so much" you said caressing her delicate skin.

Kylo spent the whole time crying. Your big hunk of a man was a softy at heart. Seeing you, the woman he loved, with his baby girl made his heart melt. He would make sure you both always felt loved and cherished.