Chapter 10

The sun was just now beginning to rise. People would begin to wake up to another beautiful day, but I was still stuck with what happened last night. I didn't get a single ounce of sleep up here. I just sat in the silence, thinking.

Not just thinking but dreaming about a life outside of this nightmare. I know that I don't deserve dreams, but fuck, do I want it so badly. It's not much that I'm asking for, honestly, I just wish I had never met The Snakes. That's all I want, but that truly is a lot to ask for.

A silhouetted figure climbing up the ladder caught me off guard. Usually, I would get up and threaten it, but I'm so far in my thoughts that I don't care. He was a bit far away from me, but I could see a hint of his face as he lit up a cigarette in the dark night. Me too buddy.

Maybe I should go ask him for one. Maybe that will help my nerves. I used to have a smoking habit about a year ago, but I quit altogether. That was a mistake on my end, now that I think about it. It would most definitely help my overthinking issue.

"What are ya doing up here?" the smoker asked me. I didn't even realize that he was right in front of me because I was dreaming about cigarettes.

"Just fan-fucking-tastic," I muttered. Of course it was Bones that I had to come face to face with during my depressive episode.

"Trying to escape, Raven?" The smoke from his cigarette blew onto my face, instantly making me cough. Yeah, now I remember why I quit smoking. Fanning the fumes away from my face, I snarled, "And why would I do that when I can mess with you a bit more?"

"You're just mad that you have no control here." I could feel my fists clenching harshly.

"Oh really? Then why did Ember punch you for me?" Maybe it was just the hazy air, but it looked like Bones' face reddened.

"For you? Hell no, we punch each for fun sometimes without reasoning. It's what families do, but you wouldn't know about that."

"What's that supposed to mean?" It was getting harder to keep my cool.

"I'm just saying, it's been like a day and a half, and no one has tried to save you yet."

"That-"

"If I was in your scenario-actually, I wouldn't be put in your scenario because my gang would never do that to me."

"Aren't you just-"

"You see, I have people to back me up, and you're in an enemy's gang territory. So, I suggest getting your fat ass out of-"

Crack.

I've never punched a man that hard in my life. His whole face contorted to the side as he looked at me in shock. Immediately, he threw a punch my way, but I ducked in time.

I started seeing red at the fact he was ready to punch me. I continued to pummel him with everything in my body. How dare he fucking bring up my gang. The audacity to call me a loser for having no one. Fuck him. Fuck his alpha ego that makes him think he's untouchable. Fuck him! Fuck him! Fuck h-

"Put your hands up right now, Raven!" Shit.

I was thrown off of Bones and back to reality. As I looked up, I realized the entire gang was here, watching us intently. They looked pissed.

But as I looked at the bitch once more, I understood why. Bones was covered in blood and holding his broken nose. He barely looked human. Shit. I was in some deep shit.

Some random member held me up to look at the crowd that engulfed us on the roof. No one did anything for a second, but I could tell I was dead. What was I fucking thinking? Of course, these people were here to back up Bones. I was an outsider. The loner. No one would be there for me.

"Shouldn't have let your emotions get the best of ya," the bloody man snickered while basically unconscious. I wasn't even angry at this point. It was pure sadness. Whatever they were all saying, I had blocked it out by this point.

I can't hear anymore. Feel anymore. I'm just numb. Somehow my feet were dragging me away from the scene as everyone just stared at me. Their mouths were moving, but all I could focus on was how disappointed I was in myself.