Chapter 4: The Seige of Devil's Crown

ONCE AGAIN I DO NOT OWN ANYTHING!
================================================

NO ONE'S POV

Have you ever wondered how the three major races in the Koprulu Sector start a siege?

For the Protoss, their usual tactic is sending in their stealth units to weaken the defenses.

For the Zerg, they send in their first wave of zerglings and banelings to soften their enemy's position.

As for the Terrans? Their favorite way of starting one comprises two words.

HEAVY ARTILLERY!

BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM!

BOOM! BOOM!

In mass quantities.

A special favorite for Leon. It's mostly why he loved the Terrans so much and how he fell heads over heels for Seige Tanks.

At first, he thought that he'd have to wait until he could deploy units onto the island but Henius(Hero Genius) Stedman had made a groundbreaking discovery.

After researching more on Zerg biology, examining Protoss tech, and fortunately finding and salvaging the wreckage of an old UED civilian ship, Stedman had brought to life a concept thought to be impossible to do.

Combining two or more separate machines into one instantaneously. Wherever and whenever they want.

An idea he got after watching an old show about giant mechs, teenagers in colorful suits, and something called a morphing grid, another idea he would work on days later.

Anyways, thanks to him Terran warfare has never been the same again, and the old show he watched had been brought back to life, modernized, and became one of the most popular shows in the sector.

And it is also thanks to him that LUXION was able to combine a platoon of Siege Tanks, outfitted with improvements that increase its range immensely, with a Hercules. Effectively turning the generally harmless and useless transport ship into a devastating airborne beast of an artillery unit.

Leon is still pending on what to call it since it's one of LUXION's recent prototypes, but man does it deal damage!

Despite it being the only one in the fleet, it was able to singlehandedly destroy 15 ships and severely damage the pirates' fortress from 15 miles away.

Terran ingenuity is no joke.

The trade however of being able to fire a barrage of explosive shell rounds at once is that it takes 10 whole minutes for it to fire because of the distance.

But it had served its purpose. To deal massive damage to the pirates' forces and their base. Now for the second phase.

"All units advance."

At LUXION's command, every single vessel in the fleet moved forward. At the same time, the pirates had begun to fire their weapons at the oncoming onslaught.

Cannonballs and magic spells assaulted the fleet, and explosions began occurring from everywhere, yet despite this, the fleet moved forward like it was nothing.

Years' worth of constant research and testing had improved the Terran energy shields twofold. Now able to stay active always and tank more damage. Though lightyears away from the Protoss's shields, they were more than enough to shrug off the pirates' barrage.