Chapter 12: Festival of Fallen Horns

Hello everybody! Yeah, it's me again. It's finally time for another chapter of this story. Still though, thanks, for taking the time to read my story. I'm really glad I'm managing to entertain people with my imagination.

Also, special thanks to Janny092 for your support and your encouraging words. It's helped me push through a lot of things, mostly writers block XD.

But I won't delay this any further. I hope you all enjoy the new chapter :)

[•— — — — ,••— — —] LEON'S POV [•— — — — ,••— — —]

It has been... quite a semester for everyone, more so for me. There was the debut of Marie Fou Lafan, me discovery of a new hobby along with a new dream, befriending both the protagonist and antagonist of the game, the massacre with the Blood Spawn, the ball I had put so much effort into, the Armor duel with Marie and several other events in between that would be too many to explain.

I'm already getting a headache just recalling them. Especially the duel.

The main purpose for that was simple. Gather as much information about Marie Fou Lafan.

The duel itself served to observe her pilot abilities and other noticeable information, yet this wouldn't be enough. So I decided to do go straight for the source where I can collect all the data I need, Marie's mind.

Yes, I had tried to enter her mind before during the funeral but had come to the conclusion that I had only reached her surface thoughts. To get the info I require, I needed to dig deeper.

Which was easier said than done. Months ago I was able to read the surface of her mind and her mood at the most, yet as time passed, Marie's resistance to any attempt in entering her mind had grown to the point where not even the best Sigma Phantom can infiltrate it.

This may have something to do with the large amounts of unknown energy she had been building up from siphoning the magic out of their fellow students.

Yet LUXION was able to come up with a plan. I was overjoyed that he found a solution but my emotions became complicated when he said I needed to tire Marie, keep her mind distracted, and be as close as possible to her.

"Direct Contact is most effective, more so when intima-."

Those were his words. Words that I had instantly cut off since there is no way I'm doing that. Don't get me wrong. My body is still that of a hormonal teenage boy but I also have responsibilities I needed to put ahead of my own desires. That and Marie were giving off the vibes of a dominatrix. Given my last failed relationship with one in my past life, I wouldn't want to risk getting caught on her radar. Don't even get me started on the jealous angry mob that would inevitably follow.

So we went with the next best thing, an epic last clash. Though it needed her to be more exhausted and distracted, I had managed to accomplish those two requirements thanks to a few words, the vow, and the prize the target had wanted.

At the moment when our weapons clashed, I took the opportunity and dived into her mind.

Then...

.

.

.

Nothing.

Literally nothing.

I had no memory prior to entering.

It didn't feel like I had forgotten, it felt more like I never went into her head in the first place...that or the memory was completely erased.