Chapter 9: The Blood Spawn

~No One's POV~

"This is not how I thought my day was going to go.", Leon said under his breath.

The unfortunate young man was not having a good day, as would anyone who is struggling to keep a giant maw of teeth from chomping down on them.

A drop of drool dripped from the jaw above and landed on his shoulder. The substance then began to sizzle and slowly burn through Leon's suit.

Normally he would be angry but Leon found some satisfaction since the blasted beast is falling to its doom. Now if only he wasn't dragged along the ride.

"Fucking useless pieces of shit. Couldn't even follow the simplest of orders! Ugh! I can't believe I have to babysit them for the next three years!", He ranted before calming down and began collecting his thoughts, "At least Olivia and the others are safe."

~A Few Minutes Earlier~

Panic. Panic is the emotion that spread through the group. Their thoughts and rationality are torn down by the intimidating visage of the monster.

It also didn't help that it was slowly making its way towards them, stalking closer and closer for its next meal.

Others wouldn't blame them for being petrified on the spot by fear. The monster in front of them is a hurrying sight to behold.

Thankfully someone in the group could temporarily disable the part of the brain responsible for emotions.

Leon slammed his boot down, fluidly taking the object strapped to his back and pointing it at the monster.

A whirling sound sang from the item, briefly glowing a blue color before a round projectile glowing bright res flew at high velocities towards the beast.

Sensing this, the scally creature dropped from the ceiling, narrowly dodging the projector just before it destroyed a part of the ceiling in a loud boom.

The monster landed safely on the floor, its eyes narrowed and focused on the one who fired the shot

Leon returned it with a glare while charging up his weapon. His eyes glanced toward Angelica, who wore a shocked look on her face alongside the other members of their group.

"Miss Redgrave, get the others back to the surface. Call for help."

"What?", This was enough to break the girl from her shock and stare at Leon. She was about to argue but the serious look in his eyes gave her no room. It's at this time that she finally realizes that she needs to get the prince to safety, her top priority. Regaining her composure, she nods her head.

"Alright, but what will you be doing?"

"I'm gonna buy you all time.", The entire group is shocked by her words, Olivia more so than everyone else. She was about to speak, to try and convince Leon to think otherwise, but Prince Julius beat her to it.

"Are you mad? You can't possibly beat that thing on your own!"

This had the unfortunate side-effect of breaking the other love targets from their states of shock. The next one to speak is Chris, "I admire your courage and selflessness Sir Bartfort but we can't leave this monster all to yourself. Defeating it is impossible on your own.", After he spoke, the next sword saint unsheathed his sword.

"Yeah!", Greg shouts out as he readied his greatsword and gripped its handle tight, "This thing needs to pay for what it's done! We are killing it together!"