Chapter 13: The Celebration Begins!

~Unnamed Maiden's POV~

There were times when I dreamed of a festival of lights, laughter, and joy in my sleep. Such times rarely came in the past, yet all that changed one fateful day. The day when I finally saw a ray of light in this cruel dark world. The day when our savior descended on silver wings, bringing justice upon the wicked and salvation to the innocent. It is a memory that I will cherish to the end of my days, and it fills me with such joy to celebrate this momentous occasion, together alongside brothers and sisters who've been through the same hell as me. It still feels like a dream come true.

I opened the door of the unique inn I stayed at and stepped out into the streets. Musical melodies of soothing yet energetic tones filled my ears. The mouth-watering fragrance of appetizing dishes made my stomach grumble in need. My eyes are basking in the sights of color all around me, with a merry celebration spreading as far as I can see.

Chiefs cooked out in the open behind their stalls, giving their customers an entertaining show before their awaited meals.

Men and women, young and old, danced to the hopeful rhythm of the songs played by bards and musicians.

Children run by alongside the gentle breeze of the cold-morning air past me, heading off to play and enjoy all this festival can offer.

This reminds me, there's going to be a play happening soon at an open-air theater not far from where I'm staying, 'If I hurry, I'll still be able to make it.', With my mind set on a goal, I turned to the rising sun and made taste down the street, with each next step, each movement, in sync to the heartbeat within, beating in rhythm to the new song that rises from the lips of bards all around.

.

There was a time, of hardship and woes~

When we were toiling, and our spirits low~

Days when chains were, that we ever wore~

Dreams of escaping, locked behind their doors~

.

Till one night, when the stars all hid~

They arrived~ to save us, they did~

Gleaming in silver, on wings swift as light~

They all descended to make all things right~

.

Hail to thee who brought us our hope~

Salvation to those, given up long ago~

And as he brought low, the kings and their beast~

Gave us our freedom, then raised us from our knees~

.

The ray of light, gleaming like the moon!

Beware all evil, your end will come soon!

And to all victims, he cast out his rope!

Bringer of Justice and Giver of Hope!

.

Dance and rejoice! In honor of his deeds!

Praised be the baron, who gave us what we need!

Sing and laugh! We no longer bare the chains!

Under the warm sun, basking in its rays~!