Chapter 8: The Dungeon Raid

~Leon's POV~

It's odd how my entire personality just switches from a casual guy to a prim proper gentleman when I'm hosting a tea party. Maybe my Master's teachings had influenced me more than I thought.

I tend to get carried away sometimes.

Olivia's bright red blush was clear proof.

Shit. I didn't unintentionally get her to like me, did I? Ugh crud! I knew I should have thought first before acting!

Now I'm gonna have to make sure she only sees me as a friend. If she doesn't end up with any of the male leads then a bad end is going to happen!

Of course, I suppose I should be able to deal with any threats that I remember in the game, but this world is different, it doesn't play by the script.

I have to be prepared for any possible outcomes and neutralize any threats in the future.

This now leads us to my current situation.

"I'm sorry again for being a bother Sir Leon! I will repay your kindness one day! I promise!", Olivia bows her head in apology.

"It's fine, you don't have to.", I reply, "And just Leon is enough, no need to add the Sir."

The reason why Olivia is apologizing to me is that she thinks that she's being a burden. She had vented to me about their bullying problem and not knowing the rules and unspoken rules of the school. However, even if she does know them the bullying problem wouldn't be resolved. Supremacists will continue to bully those they think are beneath them. This is why she needs the protection or approval of a powerful and influential figure in the class. With that, she shouldn't have to worry about any more bullies because they wouldn't dare challenge that figure's authority.

Unfortunately, I don't have that much influence and reputation in the school or the kingdom with my decision in playing the hidden trump card. The amount of attention I would bring to myself and my family would seem like a blessing for others, but I am more concerned about how big of a target that would make us. Hence why I've been trying to be as unnoticeable as I can. I've not been doing a great job at it but at least I'm trying!

So now my companion will have to go to someone who currently has the authority and earn their favor. Angelica Rapha Redgrave. The only person in the academy that can rival the influence of four of the main romantic targets, except Julius since he is the prince, and I am helping her. By preparing the best of my sweets and the best tea I can make for her to use to earn Angelica's favor.

Yes, I know that is it bribery but hey, it works.

"There we go! All packed!", I said as I place the last of the items into the basket. I grab it by the handle and hand it over to Olivia, "Here you go. These should get you on her good side."

However she didn't grab the basket, instead, she just stands there with a look of uncertainty on her face.

Concerned, I asked her, "Is something wrong?"

"Why?", Olivia answers with a question of her own, "Why go through all this for me? You've done so much for me but I have nothing to give in return. You gain nothing from helping me."

"Not true."

"What?", Olivia stares at me in surprise.

"I do gain something out of this, and that-", I walk up to Olivia and present the basket to her with both my hands, "is a friend."

"A friend?", Olivia stutters in surprise, "You want me to be your friend? But I'm just a commoner. Why?"

"I don't care if you are a commoner or the saintess herself. The reason why I want to be friends with you is that you are you.", I reply with a smile on my face. Hopefully, with this, she'll focus on being more of a friend to me than desiring to be more. I need to be careful not to be too likable. Now I just have to-