Chapter 22

"I'm done being patient. I'm done waiting for her pathetic human body to do what it's been told. It's like her genetics are just as stubborn as that cursed girl." Vinnepus looked like he was going to break his monitor system before Hivac walked in. The doctor's little tantrum had already trashed the lab, the only thing left was the expensive equipment the Captain managed to lock up.

"Another failed plan Vinnepus," Hivac questioned calmly as he examined yet another destroyed lab.

"You'd think she doesn't have reproductive organs, but I checked, and they're still there. She's healthy, she's fed properly, she's been given the best odds any female in this damned universe has been given and she can't produce one single child. I even checked to see if it was Calepus, but he's perfectly capable of impregnating her... GAHH." Vinnepus smashed another tray into the ground leaving the clattering sound of metal ringing off the walls. "I'll just harvest them. I'm done waiting."

"You won't be doing anything in your state," Hivac ordered. Vinnepus looked semi-shocked. The captain thought it was his first time being told no.

"We've both been angry and confused the past couple of weeks. Leave the two alone for a few days. It could just be constant stress." Vinnepus looked like he was about to break something again, but finally relented like the obedient pet he was.

"Focus on Rusilike's child for now; I hear she's making great strides."

"His mate is already pregnant again too," Vinnepus added on as he strutted out of the lab. Hivac seemed pleased with the sudden burst of good news, but the captain was happy for another reason. A few days without anyone checking in on those two was good enough time to make sure they disappeared, and no one would be the wiser. He'd have act quickly if that were to happen though.

"How's your mate, Captain," Hivac asked. He was peering at himself in the mirror, preening for the girl who couldn't say no if she wanted.

"Well, she's expecting soon."

"Wonderful news. Perhaps you should get back to her."

"Thank you, sir." And with that, the captain left to hatch his plan.