Chapter 1

A/N...Before you start this, it's my first time writing sci-fi please comment and let me know how it is/ what I can fix. Also grammar, please point out mistakes if you read and see them, I would greatly appreciate it. 

Just another boring day, at school.

"Hey Lex, do you wanna grab some lunch?" My name is Alexia Carter, I'm fifteen and go to my "oh so wonderful school." Note the sarcasm. A so-called college prep school all we do is study and not even effectively. I love writing, but writing here is all win this argument, say this not that. It's stressful really. My bestest friend is Lada Everret, an all-American athlete even in her sophomore year of high school, and I couldn't be more proud of her. Despite our school being small and nerdy, we have a bunch of athletes, strong and one day, scholarship deserving athletes who live and breathe their sport. I'm not a great lacrosse goalie, but one day I want to play in college. Anyway back to real life.

"Sure Lada, let me grab my books first." We walked down blue carpeted hallways to the front lobby. Sure enough, our principal saw us and decided it was time she had a chat.

"Alexia may I speak to you for a second." Here we go.

"Of course Mrs. Singh," I start handing my backpack over to Lada. "I'll meet you at the car." Our friend was taking us to lunch since we can't drive yet.

"I'd like to speak to you about your latest writing assignment, you got a hundred." I had to hold back a squeal. This semester we worked on descriptive writing and I thought I did pretty well.

"You've never gotten a hundred, and we know how your teacher is. Alexia, what I'm trying to say is I suspect you of cheating." Cheating! Me, cheat? I've never once cheated on an assignment this big, I'm not some of my friends.

"Mrs. Singh, I can assure you the work is one hundred percent mine."

"Alright. Then I suggest you put as much effort into your other papers as you have this one." Then she walked off. Lada was waiting by the front door, but I wasn't hungry anymore. I'd probably just walk to town and get a coffee.

"Lada, I think I just want coffee. You wanna walk?" I was a bit overly perky, so normal for me. Lada has a big try-out tonight, I didn't want to worry her.

"Lex, you don't need coffee, but yeah we can get lunch in town. Do you want to grab your jacket, it looks like it's going to rain?" It was a typical Monday doom and gloom the wind was picking up and more dark clouds were over the tree line. I didn't plan on coming back to school though.

"I'm fine, you ready?" She only shrugged and we jogged off of school property. I looked over to see her awesome fiery red hair streak behind her as she broke out into a sprint. She stopped a few feet ahead when I didn't follow.

"Someone's cranky."

"Tired," I said curtly then walked into the coffee shop. Zion and his group of jocks were sitting at a table, but I was too focused on coffee to say hi. I didn't fail to notice when their eyes moved to Lada then quickly turned away. It's funny they still look at her after the last time, but I guess boys will be boys.

"Hey, Andrew." The barista/ best guy-friend is awesome. Not necessarily an athlete, but definitely athletic, and smart as all get out.

"And what can I get you today? Hot chocolate? Sweet tea? Smoothie?"

"Coffee. Iced. Double dutch light roast with vanilla creamer; small." He looked to Lada with a questioning glance then came back to me.

"Anything else?"