19

It's been a week, and Seokjin felt he was chained to the palace. His every move was under a pair of eyes. He hardly even met Jimin and Hoseok. Though he felt Jimin was not happy to meet him he couldn't do anything about this ritual day.

Jungkook is there with him, all the time. After all his work he comes back to Seokjin. He irritates him with his nonsense, he comments on how Seokjin's belly is becoming fat and not to say he made Seokjin his pillow without consent. Well, seokjin doesn't have any opposition, because Jungkook sleeps better that way.

He is standing here looking everywhere but at people around him. Jungkook and Taehyung's mothers are intensely listening to what the pastor is saying. Prince Taehyung is sitting in the assigned place while Jimin, Hoseok, Yoongi, and Prince Namjoon standing outside the room.

Where is he?? Seokjin thought looking at the door.

Jungkook is nowhere to be seen, he says he will be there with Seokjin on this day. It's not that Seokjin is scared, it's just he thought Jungkook would be there.

" Seokjin go and sit in front of Taehyungie"

Taehyung's mother ordered seokjin with a sweet smile on her face. Seokjin nodded and took the place, he could see Jungkook's mother's gaze on him. Still, he can't understand why so much hostility she has towards him.

And right now he doesn't have an idea what's going on, what he has to do, what he can expect. Taehyung smiled at him, he was trying to assure him it would be okay.

He gulped his nervousness and followed the pastor's orders. It doesn't look like normal customs, the rituals are so different, and even the chants are so different. Seokjin has never been in this type of ritual before.

" Seokjin, as soon as we finish this ritual a ray of light will enter through the window on the northeast side. It's the time you have to stand in front of Prince Taehyung and you don't get to move or speak. You have to take all the pain in until I tell you to open your eyes. Understood "

What bullshit it is. Seokjin thought. He looked at the door which was locked and no one else other than Taehyung and the pastor were in the room.

" Okay"

" Prince Taehyung, please take this holy water. After I complete the chant you have to drink it completely and sit facing the flame"

Taehyung nodded while looking at Seokjin.

" Today we are destroying the monster which put its black shadow on our kingdom for 25 years. "

The rituals started while Taehyung and Seokjin sat looking at each other awkwardly. Seokjin glanced at the doorway more than he could count.

" Prince Taehyung, please drink the holy water while praying for the kingdom's wellness "

Taehyung followed the orders, the water tasted a little different. He didn't get to ask but followed the orders. It's the king's order, Taehyung can't do anything. But he is determined if this monster thing is true and they want to sacrifice Seokjin to destroy it, Taehyung won't think twice about being in Seokjin's place.

But as the chats went on Taehyung felt too dizzy to sit. He knows something is happening around him. He can sense something that he couldn't see. As if the room is engulfed in black.

" Prince Taehyung-"

"I told you not to talk, keep your mouth shut and sit. It's a sign monster entered this room, now ready to sacrifice yourself, so that you can save this kingdom "

The pastor yelled at Seokjin for showing concern for the prince who fell on the ground. Sacrificing Himself? Seokjin can't understand anything. But if he has to fight anything which is standing against their kingdom he sure will give his blood.

But the mist raised in the room made his vision blurry, all he could see the mist and he could hear some ruffling sounds and soon the pastor's chanting is increased. It's more than a chant as if he is talking to someone, challenging someone.

" Ah"

Seokjin felt the piercing pain on his left wrist, and by the sensation, he could tell he was bleeding. But he couldn't see anything other than smoke. He took out his knife and soon took a combatting posture. Now his every move is based on what he hears in his surroundings but the loud pastor chanting makes him get infuriated.

No, he should focus, he can do it. A ruffling sound passed on his left side exactly two arm's length from him at the same time a sword clinking sound just behind his back. So two people may be more. He heard first the sound at his back moving suddenly making him duck his head while swaying his knife in one full circle he felt his knife tearing something be cloth!

He heard the clinking sound of the sword as if someone dragging it on the ground. The smoke was still not helping, he felt someone close the windows too and he couldn't hear the pastor's voice anymore. He is dead. Yes, the pastor is dead, he can hear the sound of gushing blood. His senses got alert as he felt the changes in the air around him, he shoved his knife in all directions trying to reach out for his predator.

" Seokjin move " he heard a voice after hearing the opening of the main door.

Jungkook.

Seokjin can sense him, and recognize his voice and scent from miles away. He doesn't need to see him. A smile formed on his face before he flipped on his left side and shoved the knife into the air at his abdomen level, he knew he had an enemy.

But Seokjin didn't know against whom he was fighting or what was happening right now. After all, he didn't think at the end of the fight he had to see Jungkook on the ground with a sword piercing his chest.

The smoke cleared slowly he could see Jungkook 's body. seokjin's knife met the floor for the first time. He stood there seeing Jungkook who was smiling at him with a sword seeping blood out of his chest.

He got shooed away from Jungkook's mother as soon as she entered the room with loud cries. Seokjin can see a lot of people and Jungkook.....Jungkook floating in his blood.

What just happened??

Before Seokjin moved, he was pulled and pushed by people but all he could do was watch Jungkook getting carried by Namjoon and the soldiers.

And Seokjin never knew what the living dead meant. Now he is feeling, he wants all of it to be a dream. Seokjin is scared. Too scared to cry.

" If something happens to my Jungkookie, I will kill you Seokjin "

Jungkook's mother's loud sobbing voice filled the hallway.