37

This story going to take a lot of twists and turns be ready 😅

Seokjin couldn't sleep the entire night. It's morning still he can't keep his nerves down. He is pacing around in his newly allocated bed chamber. The room is huge it adds uneasiness to Seokjin's current mood. He conveyed the message to Jungkook through Jimin that he wants to spend the night alone as it's all a little intimidating and his mate didn't question anything.

The person ruling the kingdom of course gets his privacy. The room is heavily guarded 24/7. The soldiers will be moving around like machines, nonstopping. He tried to keep his fidgeting fingers on his lap but he failed since morning. He ordered no servants to come to help in taking a bath. He just can't be nude in front of people and he feels only his mate has that right. He knows he is royal now but a few things should better be unchanged.

The door opening sound made him jump a little before calming himself. The two servants who escorted the royal doctor left after bowing at Seokjin.

The doctor stood there head down, eyes not leaving the floor.

Oh, till Seokjin speaks others can't speak. It will be disrespectful toward the throne.

" Good morning "

" Good morning majesty, may I know about the emergency call?"

The doctor speaks as if he testing the water, seokjin is struggling to get adjusted to people talking to him with so much consciousness....fear of offending him.

" Yeah...it's...it's about ...I want you to be confidential in this matter "

" Yes, Your Majesty."

" Hmm...I ...want you to check...if....if I am..."

Seokjin exhales pacing around again confusing the doctor She doesn't know what she is supposed to do.

" Please check on me... am I pregnant or not"

She bowed deeply and couldn't contain a smile on her face though she tried to act professional. Are they will be really happy if Seokjin is carrying a child? If he is carrying a child can he take care of the kingdom? Will they believe in him?

Seokjin sleeps on the bed calming himself and letting the doctor do her work. First, she asks permission from him and checks his pulse,seokjin can't help but get irritated as she is taking so much time. She pressed on his abdomen a few times and checked on his scent by placing a white cloth near his neck for some time and then she tried to inhale, a small sigh followed by a head shake from her making Seokjin anxious.

" What do you think?"

Seokjin asks in a hurry while getting up from the bed.

" Your Majesty, I apologize I can't confirm anything right now. But I want to ask a few questions if you permit"

" Yes you can "

" When were your last heat and your mate's rut ?"

" I...mine was three months back and my mate's rut ...he told me it will be once a year so it was during our mating."

" I see, Your Majesty...when was the last time you participated in intercourse with your mate ?"

Seokjin's ears got burned with embarrassment. He controlled his whine remembering their moments together, he didn't want to look pervert in front of her, and now it would not add any grace to the throne.

" It was...4 days back "

" I see, Your Majesty are you feeling extra protected when your mate is nearby or craving for any particular food....or sex more than usually you used to feel? And do you feel any changes during intercourse"

Oh, God!! How can he answer these questions? Why it's all needed for her to tell whether he is pregnant or not?

" I...do not have any cravings or any other changes you are asking"

No, he can't tell her they participated in intercourse around the clock 4 days back. He can't tell her after their first time together they never controlled themselves, especially since he doesn't have any weird perversion to talk about his mate's preferences and likings in the sex there is no need for him to disclose Jungkook fucks him like he is on a mission or how he fucks him into oblivion. Nobody needs to know how Seokjin will be drooling when Jungkook fucks him from behind.

"Your Majesty, there are no signs of pregnancy as of now. If you are in the very early part of your pregnancy we can't confirm it, I apologize about it. "

" Okay, when you can confirm"?

" At least it needs 4 more weeks majesty "

Oh no! So he doesn't know if he is pregnant or not and doesn't know if he should take the Queen-mother's threat seriously or not. But it's for sure she is not just a barking dog.

" Okay, you can go now. And remember it needs to be confidential. If it goes out of these four walls you won't be seeing the next day's sunrise "

" Yes, majesty. As you order "

She bows and makes herself out. Seokjin exhales falling on the bed he caresses his abdomen as if he can feel anything. Why queen's mother is trying to threaten him? If she wanted the throne she would have taken it by now, by killing him or making him disappear. But she made him come here and take the throne and now threatening him with his unborn child. What's her plan might be? Who is her target? Why does she have so much animosity against him and his family? She killed her father and mother. Seok-jin needs an answer. He might not be powerful like her, he doesn't know magic and does not have any superpowers like her but...he will fight with goodwill. He needs to protect his family and people.

He knows he has his whole family with him, his mate who loves him unconditionally but he knows it's not enough. He needs help against her power. who will help him? Is there anyone who can help him? If she does have some magical powers then there should be people who are more powerful than her, right? Then Seokjin should find those people.

Seokjin thoughts halted when soldiers came inside bowing at him.

" what's the matter?"

" Your majesty, Prince Namjoon came to meet you"

" send him inside "

Seokjin got up from the bed while adjusting himself before receiving Prince inside his room.

"Your Highness, my greetings "

The first prince of this nation and his teacher bowing at him didn't feel good. But he should carry out this given role, correctly. so he accepted the bow but soon bowed back though Namjoon resisted it. He is not going to disrespect the thrown considering Namjoon was his teacher.

"what's the matter Prince Namjoon"?

" Your Highness, I feel everything is going in the wrong way. The Queen mother is involved in very official matters and makes decisions for you. Today ministers summit without your notice and they decided on your behalf. You need to attend the fair which is going on in the northeast of our kingdom but it's not safe for a king. Considering that the area is suffering from thieves' attacks we can expect unpredictable attacks from the neighboring kingdom as it's the border area. "

Seokjin nodded understanding Namjoon's concerns. But he is tied up. Queen-mother wants him to agree to her decisions. He is poppet right now. But everything will change soon.

It has to.

" Prepare for the departure, Prince Namjoon "

" Your majesty it's -"

" Not safe I know, but the palace is also not safe right now. Please follow my orders "

" yes"