-ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ ᴛᴡᴏ ꜱɴᴇᴀᴋ ᴘᴇᴀᴋ-

-Volume Two Sneak Peak-
~Pt.2~

I hugged Steven first. We hadn't kept in contact either, but there was no bad blood or tension between us either. Then Belly, and that felt awkward and comforting all in the same token. And when it was Jeremiah's turn, we kind of just stood there and hesitated for a second. "Can we just like, forget about everything that's happened between us? Just until this whole thing is over?" Jeremiah squeezed his eyes shut and I knew he was trying really hard to hold it all in.
I didn't say anything, I just brought him into a really tight hug. "I'm so, so sorry... And I love you, I can't imagine what this is like." I could, in a way. But then again, losing your mom is kind of different than losing your dad. Your mom is the person that grows you in their stomach and pushes you out. Dad just raised me and played both roles until Laurel and Beck stepped in.
We'd slipped into Jeremiah's room when no one was looking. We sat down on his bed in our fancy clothes. "Where's Conrad?" Belly said. "Let's leave him alone for a while," Jeremiah said. "Are you guys hungry?"
I knew we all were, but none of us wanted to say so. "Are you?" She asked. "Yeah, sort of. There's food downstairs." Jere's voice lingered on the words "downstairs". I knew he didn't wanna go down there, and frankly, neither did I.