Chapter 1

"Your obsession with Taylor Swift is pretty gay though

"Your obsession with Taylor Swift is pretty gay though."

"SKYE!" 

The brunette heard her mom calling out, she sighed and rolled her eyes. "I'M COMING!!" She looked at herself in the mirror, she pulled on a dark red sweater, black jeans and dark red vans underneath. "That should do." She took a hold off her phone and made her way downstairs. 

"Finally!" Charlie, her little sister, exclaimed clearly annoyed. 

"I wasn't taking that long." The brunette shrugged, looking at her little sister.

"Yes you were, it took you an hour to get ready." Charlie spoke, pointing at the clock.

"What were you doing?" Her older brother Nick questioned.

"I zoned out okay, it happens." The brunette crossed her arms defensively.

"If you take your meds, it won't happen as much." Her father, Johnathan told her.

"I don't want to take my meds, they gave me a headache and just make me straight up feel like shit." Skylar Alicia Evans was diagnosed with ADHD when she was 7 years old, she took medication for her ADHD, but they gave her a lot of side effects, so she refused to take them any longer.

"I know honey, we will figure something out." Her mother Naya spoke, shooting her a soft smile as she handed her daughter her coat. "We should get going." 

As her siblings and parents made their ways outside, Skye stopped in her tracks fidgeting. "Did I turn the TV off upstairs?" Her breathing got shallow and she felt her muscles tense. 

"Who cares?" Charlie asked impatiently. 

"What if it bursts out in flames and burns the house down?" Skye spoke, her voice shaking.

Her mother looked at her with a sympathetic look. "Go check if you did, we'll wait for you." 

Skye nodded and made her way upstairs to her room, the TV was turned off, she stared at the TV for a moment, finding herself unable to leave it. Skye reached for the remote, she sighed and turned the TV on and then off again, about 6 times. She felt her muscles relax and put the remote down, making her way downstairs. 

Nick saw the look on his sister's face, it was a sad expression, he placed his hand on her shoulder as their parents and Charlie went to the car. 

"I hate it." 

"I know." Nick spoke softly, pulling his sister in a quick hug. "Come on, lets go." He walked beside his sister to the car. 

"Why do I even have to come?" Skye asked annoyed. 

"You know the Bakers are like family for us. Do you know how many times Ellen watched the three of you, when your dad and I were working?" Naya replied as she turned on the music in the car.