Chapter 18

TW: Mental illness, depression, murder, death, anthropophagy

"I can't be down here."

Skye laid in her bed as she was on the phone with Ofelia. "I don't know O, I have thought about hooking up with Sam, but it doesn't feel right.... I miss her O."

"I know, I'm sorry S, maybe after this blows over, you two can make up, get back together again, until then it's probably a good idea to work through your problems." Ofelia told her softly.

"Yeah you're right." She sighed. "Someone's calling me, I got to go O. Bye." She hung up, she turned around to look at her phone, confused as she saw that Abby was the one calling her. "Hey Abby?"

Abby stayed silent for a bit, seemingly hesitant. "I uh, you still have my jacket, the one I forgot at your house."

Skye sighed and nodded, even though Abby couldn't see her. "It should still be at my old house, we still have some things to retrieve there." Skye hesitated for a moment. "We can meet there in 15 minutes, pick it up, if you'd like."

Abby sighed. "Yeah, I'll meet you there." Abby hung up, causing Skye to sigh.

"Well this is going to be awkward." Skye mumbled to herself as she got up, grabbing a black sweater, putting it on, along with black jeans and a black denim jacket and some black combat boots. She took a hold of her phone and keys, getting ready to leave. She checked everything over and left for her old house. When she got there, Abby was already there, waiting for her. Skye got out of her car and walked past Abby, straight to the front door, opening it for her. "Well after you." It was pouring out, so the two were quickly drenched in water.

Abby took a quick glance at her as she walked inside, followed by Skye, whom stopped at the door and stared down at the floor, there was a stain in the wooden floor. 

Abby looked at the stain and then up at the brunette, placing her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Are you okay?"

Skye finally looked away from the stain. "Yeah, I'm fine, lets just get your jacket." Skye mumbled and led Abby up to her old bedroom, moving towards a box, grabbing a grey jacket from it. "Here it is." Skye frowned. "Wait.... What's this?" She took a hold from a letter.

"It's a letter, has your name on it." Abby told her as she took a hold of the jacket.

Skye opened the letter, a key falling from it, she quickly grabbed it and looked at the letter.

Abby watched her. "What does it say."

Skye leaned against the wall and cleared her throat. "Dear Skylar, I'm sorry this has happened to you, it is all my fault. He wanted revenge on me, he found out about something I did, so he hurt you. It's my fault that you had to do what you did, it's my fault you had to kill him. If you read this, I'm gone, his parents have killed me. I leave you my second house, you've been there before, when you were little." Skye put the letter down. "Dad." She looked at the key in her hands.