Chapter 8

So I add a trigger warning even if it is slightly mentioned, even for one sentence.

TW: Rape, murder, death

"You kinda come across, pretty vanilla

"You kinda come across, pretty vanilla."

Skye was walking into the school building as Max caught up to her.

"Skye! Wait up!" Max called out and moved to her side.

Skye looked at her. "Hey Max, what's up?"

"Did you see the news this morning?" Max asked her curiously, it felt great to be on good terms with Maxine again.

"We didn't have the news on this morning, mom and dad always put it on and they weren't there." Skye told her.

"There's more news about that man, the one that died last Monday, the alcoholic." Max told her, earning Skye's full attention.

"What did they say?" Skye questioned her, fidgeting.

"They saw video footage. He was pushed, it was murder." Max told her, Maxine always loved true crime, so she was slightly excited.

"Do they know anything?" Skye asked her, growing more anxious.

"They know it's a girl, kind of similar to how you look, same hair color and body built." Max told her and frowned. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." Skye cleared her throat, wanting to change the subject, not wanting to talk about how she killed someone. "Have you seen Abby?"

"Yeah, I don't know what's up with her though, she seemed pretty upset with you." Max looked at Skye. "I just mentioned your name and she did not want to hear anything about you. What did you do?" Max wasn't angry with either girls, but she was surely confused.

"I didn't think she'd be so upset." Skye mumbled and looked down. "I mean, you mentioned her being straight, right?"

"Yeah, but what does that have to do with anything?" Max asked frowning. "Did you two? Kiss?"

"No, but we did have a moment, I guess. It was nice and we had fun, until she... Nevermind, it's to awkward to discuss with you." Skye shook her head.

"Why? What happened? It's not like you had sex. And even then, I don't care, I moved on Skye, the fact that you're my cousin made that pretty easy." Max chuckled and looked at her.

"Abby found something in my room." Skye started, hesitant.

"Skylar Alicia Evans, I didn't see you as a kinky type of person." Max said laughing. 

Skye widened her eyes at Max. "I don't know, what you think, I was going to say." Skye shook her head. "She found a condom, so she found out that I have... had a boyfriend. It lasted like a couple days, broke up last night."

"So you did have sex? Just not with Abby and she's upset about that?" Max asked her, raising her eyebrow.

"I didn't, I ended up not going through with it. Nick and Charlie walked in on us, so we stopped and then we broke up, realizing we don't go well together." Skye told her.