Chapter 1

Black. All I can feel was the coldness, the darkness and the insecureness. Everything is playing inside my head all at once. Like an old movie that you watch over and over again. All of the voices are muffled, I can't see anybody. I'm weak. But I can see a hand towards me, it's trying to reach me even though I can't do anything, I'm paralyzed. I heard someone crying, it is getting more and more louder

And then,

Nothing.

Then I woke up in my bed, alone. You could only hear the crickets outside, singing in harmony. During a few seconds, I was capable of forgetting all my problems until I heard my sister screaming.

It hit me like a rock that brought me back to reality. I get up as fast as I could, I grabbed my short that was laying on the floor and put it quickly.

I opened the door and shout "DAD STOP"

He held the silver tea tray that mom used to have in one hand and was withholding Gwen's shirt in the other. Dad was drunk, again. At 6:30 am.

Since Mom died, he lost it completely. I could heard him crying days and nights, But then he was starting to act like a fucking dick, not to mention the disappearances and Gwen's dreams. He was swamped.

"Listen to me. YOU are not your MOTHER!" Said Dad.

"I know.." She said, whimpering.

"Now fucking get off my back will ya?"

I'm glad he didn't hit her. We're used to have bruises on our body when he is angry. Like a scapegoat you know? If something goes bad, it's our fault. If we make noises, he will beat the shit out of us.

Why did you died mom..?

Everything has been bad lately. At home, at school, and more particularly with the grabber still roaming freely. I'm afraid. But one thing, one special thing gave me hope. Robin.

Robin sticks up for me at school and keeps the bullies off my back. He's the toughest kid in school. Thanks to him, nobody bothers me, they are afraid of him. I remember the day when he told me that he has been expelled of his old school because he sent some local bad-boy in the hospital. I remember the chills I've got all over my body. I wasn't scared or anything, I felt safe.

For me, he's the nicest person I've ever known, besides my sister of course. He's a little taler than me with semi-long black hair and he has that bandana that he never took off.

I'm always excited to see him everyday, he's always waiting next to my locker, waiting for me. Sometime I can feel my heart beating like a drum. He's kind of my only friend here, the only one who can understand me.

I hug my sister and then we prepares ourselves for school.

"Come on dickhead, we're gonna be late, move you ass" Said my sister

I chuckle a little and then we leave the house.