Chapter 4

After everything that happened last week, Robin and I are closer than ever.

He became my bestfriend, my confidant, my protector.

I was always alone, wandering the hallways of school, trying to survive, trying to keep up, trying to fit in. I was always daydreaming, desperately trying to escape the harsh reality. But that all changed when he came into my life during the English class.

"Finn, hello?? Do you copy??" Said Gwen.

"Yeah, yeah sorry, you were saying?"

"I dreamed about him again"

I am intrigued. I came back to reality and listened to her. She told me about the black balloons, the scary big man and the missing boys, all dead.

Damn...I feel so sad, I know she's only a year younger than me, but it's so unfair she has to live with it, especially when mom had it too...and what happened after.

"Anyway, it doesn't matter and the police don't care either" Said Gwen

"No but, think of it ?there is always black balloons wandering in the street, especially when people were missing, I'm sure your dreams are so much more, right?" I said, trying to make her feel better

"I hope your right, dummy."

"I'm always right"

"So...Were you thinking about someone? Was it Donna?" She said, making smooching sound

"Shut up you jerk, I wasn't thinking about anyone"

"You totally were, I know you Finn" She smirked

I don't answer.

"Was it Robin?"

I still don't say nothing but my face got really hot, I turned red.

"I KNEW IT! IT WAS ROBIN"

"Shhhh!! Dad might hear us" I said

"Did you think about kissing him? I didn't know you were into boys"

"What. The. Fuck Gwen? I'm not ! He's my bestfriend, you're talking non-sense"

"I feel bad for Donna now. Imagine her face when she's going to know that you wanted Robin to be your...lab partner rather than her" She smirked, again with a malicious face. She's playing with me

"I don't like boys !" I said, angry

"if you say so, but just for you know. I don't care if you like boys or girls. You will always be my brother no matter what"

I know she's not lying, she never judges me, she's always there for me even if I'm wrong. We have a unique relationship, maybe the best one I can imagine. I am lucky to have her.

She left the house earlier than usual today to catch up her friend on the way to school, and she waved goodbye.

I..I Don't like boys..right?

Right...?

When I was walking, I felt like I hit the ground, hard. What happened?

"Well, you little boyfriend isn't here to protect you, fag" Said Matty with his other friends laughing too.

I tried to stand up and defend myself as soon as possible. I have to defend myself and Robin has shown me how to do it more than once. Now is the time to prove myself.

But there are three of them and I am alone. But I can't just accept it and let them beat me. I have to do something, I have to move. MOVE!

I raised my fist, take a fast step back, one step forward, step back and swing but they were faster than me. One grabbed me and pinned me to the ground, while the other two punched and kicked me.