Chapter 61. FLIP OF A COIN.

T/W: mentions of sexual assault.

"SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT..."

"Mhm," Plutarch hummed, tapping his foot.

Haymitch continued, slightly slurring his words. He opened a new bottle fifteen minutes ago, "District 13 survived, and their President wants us to help start a revolution to overturn President Snow? And Katniss Everdeen, you want her as your mockingjay-"

"Oh go ahead Haymitch, my tireless explaining for this past half an hour in darkness has ought to be at the beck and call of your attention span. Don't worry about the trickling minutes we have until the power reserves turn on." Plutarch sarcastically retorted, rubbing his temple.

Haymitch's glare ran like lightning even through the flimsy screen, being tipsy didn't stop him, "You and your Coin lady want my Tributes? Then you'll wait for me to understand what it is I'm exactly saying yes to for them."

"Well I think it's a bit late for any of us to say no at this point Haymitch, I'm sure Heavensbee's leader would love to cut off our heads if we say no," Edith commented.

It was the first thing she'd said since Plutarch started his speech.

Much to Edith's grimace, it earnt only a chuckle of pity from the Gamemaker.

It seemed he expected the uproar from Haymitch and Edith - after unloading to them both the plans of a revolution.

Despite his patience slowly dwindling as the creases in his brow kept coming, Plutarch seemed to be enjoying watching them both squirm against this abrasive, new discovery.

As if he knew in the end, he already had Beetee by his side, and that whatever disagreements and distrusts Edith and Haymitch would have, neither of them would say no in the end.

This was the only way they could change things for good.

Even if it was a Capitol man and what really should be a city of ghosts planning to start a war.

How could we not?

The thought was sickeningly sour.

We don't have any other choice.

There was no need to "set details straight." Much to Haymitch's stalling.

Any rearrangement of the facts Plutarch had just given them wasn't needed. They knew now that District 13 survived, that their leader President Coin was a woman of great intelligence and fervour who wanted to end the Hunger Games and restore peace to Panem, that Plutarch was her man on the inside and had been since the 71st Games. They both wanted the three of them to join their rebellion, to help start this war when the world was ready, and that they needed at least one figurehead for a revolution. A call to action. A mockingjay. And that was Katniss Everdeen, and in consequence, Peeta Mellark.

All because of a few berries the time was now ripe, the clock hands had now met, and the clock would soon strike the eleventh hour.

There was no question they'd say yes.

What needed to be rearranged, prodded and disected was whether they could trust Plutarch in the first place, and then this mysterious President Coin on top of it.

"I am not trading one dictator for another," she warned after no one responded.

Haymitch chuckled at Edith's belligerence.

"You're as snarky as Lateir here Scotch when you're afraid. Now. Play the fool for me. So we: Scotchie, Volts and I have been chosen as Panem's golden trio of sorts, the best Panem has to offer, by you and your associates," Haymitch began.