a/n serious topic.

Tw: What I'm about to say might contain sensitive topics!!

Isn't related to the story but some of stranger things fans are disgusting.

I've seen multiple byler smut books and even some where they're like 12-15? That's pretty fucked up. Like it's okay if they're aged up but not really when their minors...? I don't really know since i Don't read stuff like that. I've only seen people talk about it and seen a few stories when searching for fics . 🙏🙏

Also those Joseph, Joe, Steve, Eddie, Jamie, Henry and Finn fans with those sexual edits. They say that they aren't sexualizing but the sound will be something super sexual. It's fine if you don't mean it in a sexual way but come on. If the audio is " lick, lick, lick, lick. I want to eat your d*ck" and there's a video of a celebrity it does seem pretty sexualized. Again my opinion!! 🙏🙏

And i can't stand those people who say " mommy " or " daddy " for stranger things actors or UNDERAGE characters in a sexual way. " Mike is daddy. " No he isn't? In the show he's a minor and Finn has said that he doesn't feel comfortable with people calling him " Daddy ".

And not to mention those who don't respect characters sexuality. " Stobin should have happened." Yeah i also expected them but honestly i think it's better the way it is. Steve and Robin shouldn't be shipped romantically!! " Willsgf" no? Will is gay and that's confirmed too. Obviously if you didn't know that. It's fine. But please don't say " i can change him."

" It's not a big deal! It's literally a show!" Sure yeah it is but that also is a problem in real life.

I don't understand the war between Mileven and Byler. It's happening only because Byler has a chance of being endgame so Milevens have to go to social media and hate on Will? " Mike is straight! Stop shipping him with Will!" The only characters with confirmed sexualitys are Robin, Will, Tommy (?) And Vickie (?). You can't really assume anything. Saying that Mike is straight is also a hc ( head Canon ).

I don't even want to start with those horrible Wileven shippers. That is so beyond disgusting. They are SIBLINGS!! Will has referred to himself as her brother!!!!!!

And the worst thing that I've seen people ACTUALLY comment on byler posts are those comments about how " Mike wouldn't love Will and Will would always be a depressed twink f****t" WHAT. THE. FUCK. IS. WRONG. WITH. YOU.
Ive seen those comments because people on my FYP respond to them with videos.
THAT IS SO FUCKING DISGUSTING. ONE THING IS TO NOT SHIP A SHIP BUT ANOTHER IS COMPLETELY HATE ON 1 OF THE CHARACTERS BY CALLING THEM HOMOPHOBIC SLURS!!! I AM ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED THAT ANYONE WOULD SAY SOMETHING LIKE THIS.

Example:

Like i genuinely don't understand what is wrong with people

And lastly ( so i don't end this rant on a horrible note ) are those y/n edits. I've seen some sexual ones. Those play out basically like this:

" Steve: Why is the bed broken?

Y/n: *looks at Eddie and giggles*

Eddie: * looks at y/n and smirks* "

Okay maybe they aren't just like this but you get the point. I just don't understand how people enjoy these? That's my opinion tho. No hate to people who like these or make these🙏🙏🙏

What I meant to say by this is how actually messed up this fandom is. Not all of it but a part. " I miss the 2019 stranger things era." Yeah sure the people were WAY less toxic and there weren't as many ship wars but some of these were still a problem back then. Im not saying that this fandom is extremely toxic and that you should leave. No! You don't have to leave a fandom just because people say it's bad. And yeah sure i do find " Chrissy wake up" really annoying but in 2019 we had the same problem with " never ending story".

Edit: i don't know if you have heard this Audio but there's a TikTok "edit audio" where you can hear a woman saying that if Will came out in Season 4 it would have been cringe and selfish. How? It does sound pretty homophobic honestly. Will is a 15 year old boy who was trapped in the upside down for 6 (?) days, possessed by the mind flayer, can feel the mind flayer, Is constantly being ignored by his own friends and is also gay in the 80s. Coming out to somebody who would support him would lift so much weight off his shoulders. I genuinely want to know why people don't want certain characters that did NOTHING wrong to suffer? And that applies to El too. " She is such a crybaby". You are acting like if you had all of her trauma you wouldn't cry a lot.

If you read this whole thing I'm really sorry for lashing out 🙏🙏🙏🙏 I just felt like i needed to talk about this