Chapter 1

Dominic POV (17 years ago)

"Did you brush your teeth?" My mother asked as I exited the bathroom.

I nodded my head walking slowly to the bed, then jumping quickly and jerking my feet up.

My mother let out a chuckle, "There isn't anything under your bed Dominic."

I said nothing, my cheeks growing warm from embarrassment. I tugged the covers up and snuggled down, nestling more as my mother tucked me in. She sat down right beside me, turning her torso so that she could face me.

"Do you wanna hear a scary or happy story tonight?" My mother questioned brushing my dark hair back slightly from my forehead.

"Scary." I muttered, feeling somewhat brave.

She looked hesitant for a moment, her blue eyes looking over the dark room.

With a sigh she turned back to me and began, "Many moons ago there was a young girl who was born to a family of witches and werewolves, she was beautiful, some say her beauty could start wars between nations, but her heart was black and full of evil-"

"Why?" I cut in, my curiosity getting the best of me even as the story had just begun.

"Because she was different, her father was a werewolf and her mother a witch, she and she alone was a hybrid amongst her family and friends. Leading her to become an outcast, even within her own family. They hated her for what she was, seeing her as a freak and a threat to the natural order. She grew up this way, full of hate for those who surrounded her. Because of this she sought revenge for her upbringing. Using her magic she brought forth dark forces, enslaving a vampire and forcing him to change her, then used her craft to save herself allowing her to turn into a tribrid-"

"Did it hurt?" I slipped again.

I had shifted for the first-time days ago and I couldn't imagine the pain of what that transformation must have been like.

"Excruciating." My mother emphasized.

"After her transformation she discovered her new abilities, she was stronger, faster, almost indestructible. She traveled back home, using her monstrous powers to slaughter her entire village then returning to her manor to finish her family off as well."

I could see it. An unimaginably beautiful girl blood dripping from her mouth and hands, running down her Victorian dress as she moved through an old town killing everything in sight.

"How was she able to kill her father? He must have been strong." My voice squeaked out, still focused on the scene in my head.

"She was stronger, much stronger. He wasn't able to fight her off, none of them were." She paused glancing over my hands that clutched the covers. "It's just a story Dominic." Her voice was softer now, her eyes holding a hint of remorse.

She moved her delicate hand from her lap, brushing her soft knuckle over my cheek before moving to cup my clenched hand, trying to soothe me.

"But it happened, didn't it?"

"Yes." She replied reluctantly.

"Have you seen her?" I asked, slightly scared of the answer.

"No, I haven't. No one has, well no one knows what she looks like anyway."

"Then how do you know she's real?" I questioned.

"Because she is in almost every history book in your fathers library and there have been people who think they've seen her, most who do don't survive long enough to tell about it."

"Do you think she's still alive?"

"I'm not sure, perhaps."

I could feel my hands start to sweat at the answer. Seeming to sense my inner panic she stood leaning over me and pressing her lips to my forehead, "I think that's enough for tonight." She said and pulled back.