Part 5: A new word - creepy

Taehyung 's POV

I return to the bridge and make myself comfortable for our lift off. Captain Yoongi is in the cockpit flipping on switches as the dashboard lights up like the night sky when the four moons of Zalaris Paliton are aligned. It happens every two years and stars appear to explode in a myriad of spectacular colors in synchronized perfection. I look over to him with curious amusement. He slides a glance my way acknowledging my presence with a sliver of a smile. A soft nod accompanied with the subtle turn of his body directs me to where I will sit. Again, not much expression but he is at least consistent.

He directs his attention back to his preparations while I strap myself into heavy belting. Once the buckles click in place, Captain Yoongi twists around with an examining look, no doubt ensuring that I'm properly secured. He starts to turn back and then stops. Swiveling fully to face me, I look over to him with a raised eyebrow. "Taehyung, uh I forgot to mention that we need to make a stop for extra parts, uh for the warp drive and other perversions. We will be about 2 – 3 hours and I will make up the time." He explains and goes directly back to his work of preparing the craft for our lift off.

He's a bit anxious and although he diverts his gaze quickly there's a hint of deception in his eyes. I don't like that he is telling me and not asking me. Why didn't he say this earlier when we set our deal? Kookie trusts him so I don't probe deeper; however, I'm cautious. Kookie tells me it's good to be agreeable, sometimes. This is Captain Yoongi's 'sometimes' with me. He doesn't want to see me disagreeable. Okay my man said 'behave'. I'll work on being agreeable and abiding by human customs. Well, I'll at least try.

I sense the approach of another followed by clamoring that could wake the dead, and I twist my seat around. Jibae, Captain Yoongi's navigator, is loud and awkward as he moves into the compartment. He sees I am without my hood and turns to take a look at me and freezes, seeming unable to look away. His mouth falls open and I can hear him swallow while slowly lowering himself into the seat next to Captain Yoongi. We got off to a bad start, so I'll practice being friendly. Immediately, the corners of my mouth lift as he stares at me. I'm learning that there's a need to be amiable, even with those we don't like. Okay that's enough. With a jerky movement my lips collapse into a flat line, and his fixed eyes widen and he turns away.

I have been off planet before with mother, but nothing like this. Although I have spent more than twenty years on Kasperia, I relish in the stars and the endless possibility of numerous worlds. What is far beyond intrigues me. The stars are magical, and I worship them. My mother said it's where my powers come from. Kookie is my man from the stars.

Captain Yoongi appears skillful and confident as he starts his launch pattern. "Taehyung, you okay back there?" He queries, looking over his shoulder. I tilt my head in a 'yes' over the loud thunderous vibration of the energy cells as they fire up. "Let's lift!" His voice barely peaking over the harrowing noise. The spacecraft lifts and then pulls with such force it pins me back into my seat for about twenty seconds and suddenly releases me. My body goes limp. That was a lot of unexpected power – exhilarating. Perhaps I have underestimated Captain Yoongi's ship?

And just that fast we're out of Kasperia's atmosphere and a perfect sphere of a green, tan, orange, blue globe looms from a distance. Kasperia is a beautiful planet yet deceptive. Its plant and animal life is probably the most dangerous in the galaxy. Although the air is breathable and the water drinkable for most species. It's so wild, harsh, and treacherous it is illegal for humans and many alien races. Well, kind of illegal because it's unmonitored. The perfect place for sinister intentions.

However, something does thrive here. The planet is lawless. It is a place for outlaws and those in the private sector such as bounty hunters, criminals, smugglers and raiders like Captain Yoongi.