Part 59: Touch down

Taehyung's POV

"Sorry mother and Jin. I had an attack of emotions. Kookie and I can't wait for our baby to come without pain and a bit bloody." Joon's mouth falls open. I've decided to support Tae, quirky and all.

"Yes, our baby is coming soon

and I will be right there doing my role as your loving mate and father of our child."

"Don't worry, it will be fine, Jungkook," Jin says. "I've assisted a few hundred deliveries of Omeganite children."

"Jungkook's cousin Joon is here," Zenilia says quite familiar. "Please tell us more about what you do as a high ranking general."

"Ah, excuse me. Joon, why are you here? Did something happen?"

"Uh, yeah, I wanted to talk about that uh thing, you know. The one we talked about earlier."

"Oh, that thing from this morning? I thought we had it settled with an arrangement." I speak.

"I had some other ideas about it. I uh, wanted to share." Joon says.

"Oh really? So, you want to talk?"

"Goddamn it, you two! It's apparent there's a secret. You both are boring as hell. Go somewhere private and talk about your thing. I want to visit with my son and talk more about the baby." My mouth drops. Why is my life suddenly filled with people without filters that always have a fuckin opinion?

"Ah, yeah. Let's go to my office."

"Yes, do that!" Zenilia hisses with an eyeroll.

"You shut up, Zenilia!?" I roll my eyes as she laughs. Damnit. I forgot what she said when were on The Resilience. She likes to push to see how far she can get to get what she wants.

Taehyung's POV:

"There's something going on with that boy," mother says as Joon and Tae leave the room. "The times I've met him, he's been confident and smart. Now something seems to have his tongue."

Jin tilts his head slightly to the side, "Yes, this is my third time meeting him and he's always been sharp and sweet." He adds a nervous giggle.

"What's got you giggling? You're just like my sister, always serious." Mother pins Cousin Jin a look and he quickly diverts his eyes.

I listen before I speak and add what I know. "He's got someone in his head. Someone he can't stop thinking about."

"Really?" Mother questions and Cousin Jin's face goes slack.

Quickly, Jin asks, " Did you scan him, Cousin Tae?"

"Oh no, Kookie says that's rude unless I ask their permission. I will ask him if I can read his thoughts." I start to rise and mother grabs hold of my wrists.

"Son, no one wants anyone in their head, unless they know and want the help."

"But I don't have to read his thoughts. I heard him and Kookie talking in his office earlier today. He wants to know how to ask Cousin Jin on a date."

"What?" Cousin Jin gasps.

"Uh," I pause for a moment and ponder over the right words. "Oh, so he can make a move on your fine ass. He didn't say where he wanted to move you to." Jin's eyes look like they're going to blow out of his head. Mother pulls her head back as if she's heard some astounding information.

"Let's all talk about my baby!" My body buzzes with excitement and I slide to the end of my seat. The quietness in the room tells me that the others are not as excited. My mother reaches over and rubs my arm.